Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
I trashed the engine in my 72 SeaSwirl last weekend,,, 20 miles from the marina :imdumb: It sounds like I only need a shortblock as I shut it down immediately, opened the hatch and fired it back up to hear the ratteling/cluncking noise coming from the pan. I hydrolocked it 2-3 years ago, (engine died and water swamped the exhaust) I'm guessing a rod probably got tweeked and finally let go. Anyone know where to get a used early model Mercruiser 3.0L shortblock in good condition,,, or if a late model 3.0L will bolt up as long as I get a complete engine with bellhousing, flywheel, starter, manifold and coupler.

$1000 for a rebuilt long block or $2000 for a new engine is out of the question on this old boat. I'd like to repair it for $500, anything more than that and I'll be in the market for a new(er) boat.

I'm looking for an inexpensive repair to get the tri-hull back on the water or to get into a $4-5K 17-20' deep-V.

Thanks,
Dan

EDIT: The upper end of the engine is in good condition since the head was rebuilt 3 years ago and the manifold replaced 2 years ago.

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
I've got a crate new...not rebuilt 350 Marine Power, about 25 hours, in a boat, on a trailer

You can have the whole damn thing for $1500.00