LEGENDS

Yogi Bear
May 7, 2011
Lakeside
Name
Sam
Boat
None
That's too bad! makes me sick when I see, hear, or read about crap like this. For the guy that posted the cal tip number thanks! Just saved it to my phone.

Upvote 0

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
We do need more wardens. I've tried the cal tip number and even when I got through no one showed.

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I got a guy poaching lobsters at san clemente pier busted once. Guy caught an undersized lobster, out of season as well. When he ran it back to his car to hide it, my freind followed him and wrote down his license plate number. We called caltip and were actually called back by a warden in santa monica. She said there was only 1 warden at that time in the dana to san diego area and he had other calls he was looking into and might not make it. She took the description of the people and the license plate number and said they at least would try to track him down the next day that way. I recieved a text message the next evening saying they caught up with him and thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

DALE S

TOTW
Apr 23, 2007
SD
Name
Dale
Boat
Bayrunner Baja 21
IMO on sting rays, cut there stinger off or scrapum might just save somebody from getin jabbed on the beach!

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
IMO on sting rays, cut there stinger off or scrapum might just save somebody from getin jabbed on the beach!
Stingray stingers grow back in 6 months. They tried that in seal beach for a few years. Made almost no difference.

Upvote 0

ray loftis

Fish Strong
Apr 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Ray Loftis
Boat
Any one I'm on is fine
Sorry to hear about the murder of innocent stingrays.
I walk straight up to those who don't show respect to the law or baby fish.
I tell them throw them back...
Nationality or size of a person I could care less.
I fish from the shore now and then and I believe we all have a responsibility not to be tolerant.
Stand up and do what's right.
Talk loudly so others can hear what's going on.
There is no glory in keeping or killing fish that are too small or You would ever eat.
Jmo

Reactions: plj46 and tanner.s
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I've saved a few largemouth at Lake Poway, I'm sure it's much worse in the bays.

These guys would have thrown their 9" bass on ice if I didn't ask them what the fuck they were doing opening the ice chest with that fish in his hand. They gave me a stupid smirk and laughed, then threw it into a 1/2" of water.

Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series

What the hell are you saying! In that case cut down all the kelp along the coast cause its annoying always getting caught up when bass fishing.

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
    Feb 17, 2005
    State of Confusion
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
    Do you want to get even more pissed off?.....go down to San Diego Harbor by the Hilton and watch every single bass ,fish caught no matter the size go in the bucket.......

They do that shit everywhere. I see them all the time on the lagoon and jetty at tamarack. I like to walk right up to them and take their picture. It's amazing how all of a sudden they know the reg's when the camera comes out and try to hide their catch.

Reactions: ConSeaMate
    Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bakersfield
    Name
    Apogee..
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
    Sad......

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Definitely a shame to see that kind of stuff.

As far as pier fishing goes, yeah no license needed on public piers, and sometimes the ronkies (white croaker) and snardlies (lizardfish) are WFO!

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
    Sep 24, 2006
    Anaheim Hills
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Freefrom Boats Club
    In an idealistic world....fishing clubs and BD'rs unite a couple times a year, hit the shoreline with easy to read flyers and educate.

In our real world.....most of our guys would be assaulted, beaten, stabbed or shot at.

Sucks when we witness wrongs with the full knowledge that no govt entity has our backs covered.

Upvote 0