FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
Looking for some of the Trex style (plastic) decking for the bunk boards, thought someone may have some left over from a previous deck project they may want to part with, for a reasonable price ..!

That chit is expensive at the lumber yard .. Sheesh

Approx 40 ft worth maybe a little more ..!

Thanks in advance ..

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
May have too much flex if laid flat over a large span.
Cedar is a better bet.

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
What length do you need? and does it have to be new? I have some from a deck replacement but it has screw holes in it.
Length doesn't matter, longer pieces the better for single runs, but hey can't be picky

Not worried about flex as it lays the entire length on steel channel .....

Prob 40-50 ft total of pieces, or there bouts

Used is fine, I will install, then use skill saw to cut drainage lines in along full length and where countersunk mount bolts are .!

You should see what this guy put on here before I owned it, can't believe he even wasted his time doing it ...!

Thanks let me know

Reactions: TEAMFISH

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
Jay on their website shows dealers. Looks like tap plastic or closer to you these guys, this does look like a better product but more money. If you want the trex let me know.

Curbell Plastics, Inc.
Curbell Plastics, Inc.
2105 51st Avenue East - Ste 202
Fife,WA 98424
USA
Directions
Website
Email

Phone: 888-501-4463
Fax: 253-922-0500

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
TAP, Interstate and a few others. There are a few other options, recycled UHMW etc.

Maybe we could go in on a 4'x8' sheet and then cut it down for our needs? Would you be interested in splitting it? I am planning on 6" wide by 16' long probably 1" thick

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
TAP, Interstate and a few others. There are a few other options, recycled UHMW etc.

Maybe we could go in on a 4'x8' sheet and then cut it down for our needs? Would you be interested in splitting it? I am planning on 6" wide by 16' long probably 1" thick
I guess depends what the cost is, I need to get something down when I take to Westport instead of what is on there. trying to get things finished up enough to be ready on this project by the 1st of July and get the boat to the storage at Westport , probably dump the boat in the water and switch out the bunk boards on that Friday over at the storage or at the ramp..!

Anyone wanna help knock it out .. Haha..!!!

Salmon King

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
Just a question... Would you need to carpet the bunk if you were using trex? It seems it would be a similar surface to some of the products that snap over the bunks to reduce friction. All sharp edges would be rounded off of course.

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
Just a question... Would you need to carpet the bunk if you were using trex? It seems it would be a similar surface to some of the products that snap over the bunks to reduce friction. All sharp edges would be rounded off of course.

I don't , I have used the Trex and similar for years with my aluminum river sleds and it has worked great , slick but not to slick

Again this is for a Aluminum pilothouse , so results with fiberglass or wood boat may be different and cause damage , not sure I have not used it in that application , you do need to have some type of support under it though !

Trying to finish some final things up to get her fishable ... First time I dumped her in the water after the outboard retrofit

image.jpg

Last edited:

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat
SOLD
Anyone running past Lynnwood that can handle 11' trex boards? I have the trex 5 boards just not going to be bring the boat down for a few more weeks so I do not have a way to bring the 11' length down with the dogs in the truck.

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Find your nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It's like a thrift store for building materials, tools, appliances, and furniture. Stuff is cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
Find your nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore. It's like a thrift store for building materials, tools, appliances, and furniture. Stuff is cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check that out, I think I have a line on enough to do both bunks .!! Thanx

Chtucker

Lowe boat denter
Feb 15, 2012
Sunshine State, AKA NOT.. Kirkland, WA
Name
Howard
Boat
Double Trouble 28' Armstrong
I just picked up a quantity of 4 6" wide 8' long 1/2" thick reprocessed UHMW for $160. They won't be supporting the weight, so I think 1/2" is plenty. I am going to countersink button head bolts to mount them to my bunk supports. Not too much more expensive than Trex, They might be too slick though.

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
I just picked up a quantity of 4 6" wide 8' long 1/2" thick reprocessed UHMW for $160. They won't be supporting the weight, so I think 1/2" is plenty. I am going to countersink button head bolts to mount them to my bunk supports. Not too much more expensive than Trex, They might be too slick though.
This is basically what I've installed on my trailer. In probably 18 launchings/retrievals, I've noticed NO damage to my gel coat.

It is SLICK! I ended-up installing an 18-inch strip of carpet on the front end of each of the four bunks to "hold" the boat in-place when I power load. The first time I attempted, the boat just slid right back off the trailer when I backed-off the power. The strips of carpet are just-enough to hold her in-place, but still allow enough slip to easily power-load.

FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
This is basically what I've installed on my trailer. In probably 18 launchings/retrievals, I've noticed NO damage to my gel coat.

It is SLICK! I ended-up installing an 18-inch strip of carpet on the front end of each of the four bunks to "hold" the boat in-place when I power load. The first time I attempted, the boat just slid right back off the trailer when I backed-off the power. The strips of carpet are just-enough to hold her in-place, but still allow enough slip to easily power-load.

This is kinda the problem I have now with the Trex boards , power up sides right back down , usually launching by myself , wouldn't be so bad if I had someone to hook up the cable with maintaining a little power !!!

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
No carpet on metal boats. Clorox Bottle boats ok.