WTB: Shimano Chronarch, Shimano® Calcutta B Baitcasting Reel. Getting serious about Fishing! ;D

Envy115

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego
Name
Tommy Chang
Boat
1989 Seaswirl
Hello Bloody Decks Community.

I have been fishing for almost 7 or 8 years but didn't have any real gear. My other fishing friends have convinced me to finally buck up and get a better reel. I'm not looking for super big tuna reels, just something that I can grab something decent on and maybe put some 20lbs test on. My friend has recommended the Chronarch and Calcutta B Baitcasting reel, since it retrieves the line so that it will be easier for me and I get tangled less. I have recently moved to the Los Angeles area, but was living in the San Diego for the past 7 years. If anybody is selling any of these reels or have any recommendations or comments of any kind, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks all and Happy Fishing!

hawkplayer32

I'd rather be fishing.
Aug 6, 2012
Valencia, CA
Name
Tony Hicks
Boat
Baja Bound
go with a calcutta 400b or daiwa luna 300. you can catch pretty much any local fish with these reels.

Envy115

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego
Name
Tommy Chang
Boat
1989 Seaswirl
Great. I'll look into those as well. Thanks for the comment man! I'm honestly looking for some help into getting a little more serious than going to the pier. Got my license and just don't want to lose those slightly bigger catches that my little abu garcia can't handle. I lost a monster. And now I want something better