WTB-Seine netting or similar for batting cage

Nookie Nabber

Jan 25, 2012
Kitsap, WA
Name
Chris
Boat
Campion
I know there are a few commercial folks on here occasionaly, or maybe somebody else has some ideas. Worth a try. I am looking for some netting to build my son a batting cage. I can build the frame and just thought I see if anyone knew of extra used netting material available. I will build the frame pending on the size net I confined. I was clueless to the cost of new netting when I started this project and thought I could do it inexpensively, wow.

Thanks all, Chris.

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
All your netting needs

Reactions: CHADDY

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Down at Fisherman's Terminal there are net recycling sheds. I have gotten net there in the past for truck and trailer covers. You take what you want and leave the rest. I haven't done it in 5 years, but there was a good source. There are also net recycling bins up in B'ham. Be discreet, don't haul a bunch out and leave a mess.

Also, there is the seine net repair place along I-5 down by the helicopter school at Boeing Field. They used to have piles of bits and pieces of net. Up to 20foot chunks.

sharkster

Aug 4, 2008
Westport wa usa
Name
Robert Anderson
Boat
17 Arima Sharkster
Can buy new netting athe England. Comes 10ft. Wide and how ever long you want. Call them for a price I thought was real low cost..

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
I will ask my boss if he still has his old batting cage. I think a windstorm messed up the frame some years ago iirc. His kids are grown now. He might still have it. Long shot but I will ask him today.

Reactions: Nookie Nabber

Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
He still does have the whole kit and kabootal.

he said it is supported with aircraft cable so you can collapse it. He has a two-tire jugs pitching machine that he said might need bearings lubed, etc

the frame was bent in a snowstorm but he went ahead and had everything fixed.

when I asked him what he would take for everything I thought the price was high at $1000.

if interested pm me and I will get you in touch with him.

Nookie Nabber

Jan 25, 2012
Kitsap, WA
Name
Chris
Boat
Campion
Thanks for looking into that option, it does appear to be decent price as the pitching machine alone new is $2500. Unfortunately it's about 5 times outside what I have to spend so I will have to pass. Thanks again.