WTB: leather plier pouch

Mangomaster

Aug 13, 2017
Cocoa beach fl
Name
Boat
Canaveral princess
i want to buy a twin pocket leather plier pouch. Real heavy duty leather. I see deckhands with them but i have no idea where to buy one. Any help will be greatly appreciated

nmthree

Nick M- So Cal
Feb 9, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Nick
Boat
None
Go to Needlecrook on Instagram, no better. The guys on the LR fleet have them made by a guy in Mexico...

ripped

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
Needlecrook are good, I have one, see my avatar. It works great but wouldn’t consider it heavy duty. It is a quality piece but the thickness of the leather could be heavier to make it more ridged.

FishMonger88

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 24, 2015
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
None
Go to Needlecrook on Instagram, no better. The guys on the LR fleet have them made by a guy in Mexico...
I got mine from Jed a few years ago too but I didn't think he was taking on any more orders the last I heard. Give him a message to see if he's still making them. They're really good quality for the price.

Reactions: nmthree

nmthree

Nick M- So Cal
Feb 9, 2015
Los Angeles
Name
Nick
Boat
None
I got mine from Jed a few years ago too but I didn't think he was taking on any more orders the last I heard. Give him a message to see if he's still making them. They're really good quality for the price.
If he isn’t, that’s a real bummer

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
POWAY CA
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
see Oscar on the boat Independence He makes them for the Long range deckhands really nice work. Call Judy in the Independence office.

Reactions: nmthree

fshholc

Jul 18, 2005
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Jay
Boat
sold
Got mine from Oscar on the Indy. Great job and made it while I was on the trip.
Even put my initial on it.

Jeremiah Lubas

Jeremiah
Aug 10, 2017
Rancho Mirage, CA
Name
Jeremiah
Boat
Jackson Cuda HD
While that might work it is no comparison to the handstictched heavy leather ones I’m looking for
I was chasing down Jed for awhile and found that he is obviously not taking any more orders. I was bummed to say the least. So I went and ordered the aforementioned style-n-craft dual plier holster/sheath to see if I could make it work knowing I could return it if it was crap. I have to say, I am picky about buying high quality items (which is why I wanted a Needlecrook sheath), but I was actually impressed with the build quality and leather thickness of what I received. I hated the idea of buying something mass produced and purchased from Amazon cause I’m a guy who likes and appreciates a hand made custom item. However, this double plier sheath is legit and will definitely get the job done. I will try to follow up this post with some detailed photos when I get a chance. For those who decide to go handmade, I don’t blame you. That was my first choice as well.

EF705A84-562F-4B67-8C1E-88EF80FC4276.jpeg 358CC1C3-06CD-45F2-B83B-3A30B63F26EB.jpeg 33ACE6C6-A498-4203-886E-7285F843DA91.jpeg

dctalk523

Dec 28, 2007
County of Orange
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
x3 for Anthony Cepeda. Fantastic craftsmanship on a superior product. Super easy transaction and fast communicator. You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Jeremiah Lubas

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat
None
I seen a guy at the fishing tackle swap meet , guy had a booth with some nice custom made plier pouches , maybe some one in the know has his contact info