wtb a truline 6x thick walled.

Louis P

Mar 22, 2015
Name
Local Lou
Boat
None
This rod you are looking for is really pretty unique. Super stout. They are made with a lot of material. They run about 7'0""with NF3 reel seat. Pretty thick . Good luck. You can tell they are a fishing rod and not set up for trolling .the rear grip under hypalon is made of rod blank.

Blakeb

Live & Die Fishing
Oct 20, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Name
Blake
Boat
Some day
This rod you are looking for is really pretty unique. Super stout. They are made with a lot of material. They run about 7'0""with NF3 reel seat. Pretty thick . Good luck. You can tell they are a fishing rod and not set up for trolling .the rear grip under hypalon is made of rod blank.
A 6x is a 8ft stick

Reactions: ozzone

Louis P

Mar 22, 2015
Name
Local Lou
Boat
None
Yes this particular one was probably cut.

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
Suck it
When one pops up if it does fork out the $$$$ you probably won't see one AGAIN

reel man

Common sense
Dec 31, 2004
Burbank, CA
Name
Jerry
Boat
Spirit of Adventure
When one pops up if it does fork out the $$$$ you probably won't see one AGAIN
And be careful to not to buy one made in the early 90's. The butt end of the rod will tell you if it was rolled tightly.

Louis P

Mar 22, 2015
Name
Local Lou
Boat
None
If you do find a 6x 8" post pict love to see one.

here'smymule

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 17, 2010
Culver City
Name
Tony Rezzato
Sure glad Jerr mentioned the " tightness & de- lamination " thing. Watch out. Also, a sign of heavy use. You'll see shinny rods with bad butts. I have a 6X from the mid seventies. Tight, like a piece of porcelain- has a chime to it if you strike it. Not the heavy one your looking for.
Truline God's smiled on me last week. Gave it to Mike I. for wrapping and he's texting me about it at midnight. This year I've picked up two of the nicest sticks I've ever seen for a song. I suggest prayer and meditation. This Truline thing is a cult. I think we need to add a spiritual and transformative element to it. Oh well, going on the Special this afternoon. Caught my first yellow on that boat on a D8. Maybe I'll catch one this afternoon- God willing!

angelinasdad

Captain
May 23, 2006
HB
Name
Anthony
Boat
Parker 2320
Anyone have pictures to share of a tight butt vs a not so tight butt aka delaminated blank? Yes rod butts...however you can post whatever you wish. This is a serious question.

18parker

Jun 22, 2008
fallbrook
Name
jeff
Boat
Cabo 226
A tight one will almost look solid you will not be able to see the layers of glass......a loose one will be able to see the individual layers of glass with gaps almost in-between....hope this helps