FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
After my attempted East coast boat buying adventure I have gotten quite a few friendly suggestions about boat options. None were exact matches for what I am looking for so I figured I could put on a detailed “wanted to buy” and see if anyone on here has any leads.
I am looking for a 23-27 foot pilothouse or express style trailer boat. I prefer something with the back of the cabin being a drop down curtain vs a solid pilothouse wall.
Area under cover needs to have seating for at least 4 ideally with the passenger seat facing forward. (So most gradys with just two seats under cover don’t work well)
Wife likes some dual consoles as an option so it’s a possibility.
I am not a speed demon but will be Regularly hali and occasionally tuna Fishing so need a boat with power to run loaded through swells.
Also worth noting wife and I are tall (she’s 6’5”) so headroom in pilothouse and decent freeboard are needed.
After several years of looking I have narrowed the list down to models below but am open to other similar selections.
Budget is 75k+\-
Possible models include
Carolina classic 25 outboard
Parker 2520dv open back
Grady 265 express
North coast 23/24 outboard
World cat 255dc/270ec
Pursuit 265dc
Steiger Miami 23/25
Osprey 24/26 (only if passenger seat is forward facing)

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Ryan. I know one of the owners at waypoint. He’s a good friend. His name is Jake. Call him about this boat if you want.

Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 21, 2011
    Redmond/WA/USA
    Name
    Stephen
    Boat
    'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
    That shamrock is kinda cool if you are ok with a diesel. The doghouse moved forward is nice leaving the fishing deck open. The gunnels look a bit low especially for 6+ footers. If you get anything in the prop you are screwed since it is a fixed drive.

Upvote 0

Latest posts