WTB: 21' to 26' pilothouse or 1/2 pilothouse <$30k So Cal

Discussion in 'Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads' started by sbsyncro, Jun 7, 2010.

1. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Newbie

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    "Lori-K" (Parker 2320EC)
    Hello all,

Please help me find a good solid 21' to 26' hard top/pilot house boat in So Cal (or within 500 miles).

The boat will be kept on trailer and used for trips up and down the coast from Santa Barbara and out to the islands. Primary use will be mostly spearfishing, plus some H&L fishing and a bit of SCUBA and "family" use sprinkled in. I may tow the boat up north to Monterey or down south to San Diego in the right situation, so a good solid trailer is an important plus.

Most important elements to me are deck space for fishing & diving, a warm place to get out of the weather on the way home, well-maintained motor/drive with reasonably low hours, and generally good to excellent condition. I do not want a project boat! (I want to spend my time diving/fishing, not rewiring, sanding, and painting!) :rolleyes: I have a wife and two older (pre-teen) kids that will want to come along at times, so a typical "workboat" isn't really going to be ideal. (e.g. Radon, etc), but I also don't want/need a full head or kitchen, either (rather have deck space).

For comparison, boats I'm currently considering are the Osprey 26', Striper 21 or 23 with "Alaska" package or something similar, Parker 21+ SC, Steiger Craft Miami, etc. (no bimini top, walk-through, DC, or CC)

If anyone has a line on something (other than what I am already finding on Craigslist) please let me know. I have cash in hand and ready to buy the right boat at the right price! PM is a good way to reach me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Brent

2. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. riverplayer

riverplayer Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ed
    Boat:
    Osprey 30' Long Cabin "Into The Mystic"
    We are in the process of wrapping up a deal with Chris @ boat and motor mart up in the bay area on a Osprey 30 long cabin. I think he has a few in the 26' size listed on boattrader.com......Check it out

4. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  5. riverplayer

riverplayer Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ed
    Boat:
    Osprey 30' Long Cabin "Into The Mystic"
    That 30 is a beast of a boat. We were set on the 28 Farallon until we sea trailed the 30 long cabin last saturday. The boats in the paperwork process this week and with a little luck we will be driving back up to Santa Cruz this weekend to close the deal! Massive in deck insulated fish box I am going to convert into a slammer for bait. Hopefully with the new electronics and A/P going in in a couple weeks we will be ready when the tuna arrive.

6. aquaholic

aquaholic Newbie

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    Anderson 22
    Eric (Honda Dude) has a few that might work for you. He has a BlackWatch listed farther down the page and also a Seaswirl Piolothouse at his shop that I don't see listed here. Give him a call. Eric Peterson 805-448-6357 or [email protected]
    -Robert

7. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Newbie

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    "Lori-K" (Parker 2320EC)
    I started out dead-set against I/O setups, but I've seen a couple I could live with (FW cooled). Big advantage of an I/O for me is the ease of plumbing a nice warm water shower for between dives... Not planning to be lucky enough to find a diesel in what I'm looking for. But if I get a nice boat, I might save up my pennies and repower with one in 10 years... :D

Love the Ospreys, but those are out of my price range. There are quite a few really nice looking late 90s and early 2000's one at the top end (or slightly over) up in the Pac NW, but I'm hoping to avoid the hassles of long-distance transaction unless it is an unbelievable deal.

I looked at both of them, and they are not for me (no deck space on the Striper and the BW is overkill for me, but I was interested enough to drive down to the 'Nard to check 'em both out, though.

Thanks for the ideas - keep 'em comin'! :hali_olutta:

8. aquaholic

aquaholic Newbie

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    Anderson 22

9. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Newbie

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    "Lori-K" (Parker 2320EC)
    It wasn't the size - I just don't need something that has a tuna tower, outriggers, 400 gallons of fuel capacity, and can carry 6 scoops of bait.. :-)

Hey there is great Basque food in Bakersfield!

10. aquaholic

aquaholic Newbie

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    Anderson 22
    I beg to differ. Did you see the tuna counts starting to come in from down south? :-)
    -Robert

11. stangclassic66

stangclassic66 USCG Master

Name:
    Capt. Erik
    Boat:
    25' Parker
    Brent,

PM me if you're interested. I have a 27' farallon on a Pacific Trailer that I might be letting go for a steal. Up in the SF Bay.

Erik

12. big katuna

big katuna Big Katuna

Name:
    gary ables
    Boat:
    triumph 21
    Brent, Take a look at my 2000 Parker 23 ft open pilot house for sale on the classifieds. Great turn key condition. 760-954-6200
    Gary

13. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Newbie

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    "Lori-K" (Parker 2320EC)
    Thanks Gary - I saw it and it looks like a great option if I had $10k more in my budget (which based on the market performance of the last few months has $7k less in in than when I started this thread...):cussing:

14. hotrail20

hotrail20 Intrepid 200 LB Club

Name:
    Leonard
    Boat:
    Yours
    Make an offer on the Striper diesel in my post I will run it by my buddy 600 mi range

15. macnut

macnut Newbie

Hello Brent: I have a 22ft campion victoria 627 pilot house and locking doors with dual axle king trailer. 200HP and a 15 HP kicker on a pod with a ladder. All electronics also included. I am in Canada but I would meet you if you were interested. I can get a survey done for you or you can your self. The package is in very nice condition as my wife washed and waxed the boat svery time it came out of the water. I am heading your way as I am looking for a 30 plus ft. I am asking 36,000 obo. Thanks Brad.

16. manofchance

manofchance Newbie

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    25' Wellcraft
    I have a really nice boat for the right price onli 170 hrs on brand new engine trans everthing matrk 760-672-2700

17. NO4NMTL

NO4NMTL Member

Name:
    Buddy
    Boat:
    205 Conquest
    I have a 2008 2320SL Pilot house with a yamaha 250 O/B 150 gal fuel tank, 48 Pacific Edge gal bait tank all raymarine electronics radar/FF ect. half tower 14 rocket launchers,trim tabs,windless anchor raw washdown beatiful cond with a full custom made cover (covers entire boat) pacific trailer need to sell if you or anyone can get financed and take over payments loan balance around 63K may be less if you get a new loan I dont want any $$$ just need to sell

email [email protected] for any questions or pictures

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  18. twaken

twaken captain

Name:
    Ken
    Boat:
    25 ,Skipjack ,Umlani
    Might be interested in selling my 25 skipjack fisherman for the right price .

19. sbsurfer

sbsurfer I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Mark
    Boat:
    29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
    did you pick up that Parker thart was on yachtworld...the one in Oxnard i think with the Yammy outboard? it was a sweet lookin boat, noticed it sold.

20. sbsyncro

sbsyncro Newbie

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    "Lori-K" (Parker 2320EC)
    Yup, that was me. Collecting all the "bits" for it now to prep it for the islands. :D