Big Bay Yachts

oliverheyer

May 4, 2020
Santa Barbara
Name
Oliver Heyer
Boat
N/A
Hi im looking to buy a Boston Whaler 17' Montauk. Pretty set on a whaler (only boat my family has ever owned) but if you have a 17-21 ft center console of another well regarded manufacture I would consider it. Im located in Santa Barbara but willing to drive pretty much anywhere in California. lmk what you have!
UPDATED: Not finding much in my price range, so if anyone has a 17-20 foot CC from another manufacturer I would consider it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Onorun

Feb 19, 2017
San francisco
Name
Alex
Boat
14' Livingston
looking to keep it under 10k
This looks like a good one.

7ECD992B-3CBB-4003-A42C-C723566969D3.png

Upvote 0

Azores559

Boat junky
Oct 28, 2006
Clovis
Name
Andrew
Boat
Goat Boat
thanks, don't know how I missed that one, I found another similarly priced one in Santa Cruz but was a little hesitant because the engine is a 1983 mercury 115 (the power tower), but it hasn't been started in a while and when asked for service records on the engine he said he did some work himself, but when I asked if he could check the compression on the engines he just said he could take it to a marine service center and I could have them do it there, which kinda makes me think he might not be the most mechanically inclined (also don't want to pay them to do work on a boat that I might not even buy). Anyone know of any things to look out for on the power towers?
Beware of the one with Suzuki evinrude. I talked to guy yesterday. I was supposed to look at it today but I got stuck at work.
motor has some gremlins. I think I’m gonna pass on it.
power of towers are great. Just check compression. I had one for years

oliverheyer

May 4, 2020
Santa Barbara
Name
Oliver Heyer
Boat
N/A
Beware of the one with Suzuki evinrude. I talked to guy yesterday. I was supposed to look at it today but I got stuck at work.
motor has some gremlins. I think I’m gonna pass on it.
power of towers are great. Just check compression. I had one for years
Did you decide to go for it? just checked it again and its sold

Upvote 0

1hotrail

Almost A Member
Nov 26, 2004
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Dan
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
yes it is a little small but seems to push it plenty fast enough. and yes he is looking to sell

Upvote 0

Norcalfish80

Almost A Member
Aug 24, 2011
California
Name
Austin
Boat
Boston Whaler Montauk
Have a 17 Montauk with 06 Etec on it. Great motor, no issues. Boat could use some cosmetic stuff here and there but not in bad shape. Functioning VHF + FF. Text me 415 827 0588. Would sell for $8k, not really desperate to sell. On a Pacific Trailer.

Upvote 0