Nineball

That's a keeper!
Jul 16, 2012
Port orchard
Name
Chris
Boat
Parker 2310 "GUANO LOCO"
Went out with Rhett on the slammer Thursday. I had a plan to take my mother out for what might very well be her last time on big blue. She worked crab boats and processors out of dutch back in the day. She loves the PacNW but has been extremely limited in regards to mobility the past few years.

Based on last week's thread I found that Rhett has given some thought to accommodating wheelchairs, etc. I was able to text him ahead of time and found out that there were no marinco plugs available for an electric reel but he said that some people have brought batteries in the past.

Done! I just brought one of my boat batteries and it made the trip just fine without even being strapped down (we had really fair seas).

I was able to get her in a wheelchair and push her right onto the boat! Special thanks to everyone else onboard who even gave up their seats so that mom could have a good seat.

We went out and got limits of Ling and bass. Mom had the magic touch on that TB750 and brought in some nice bass with doubles being the norm! You should have seen everyone else checking out her setup. I chanced not putting a lanyard on the reel and did OK. She out fished me! We even had three orcas following us back in.

You know, it's only from the knowledge shared on this site that I had any idea that this was possible! The time that I spent being her personal deckhand made memories that can't be taken away.

Thank you BD brothers and thank you Rhett Weber!
IMG_0550.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG

Last edited:

Sea Sport

Made in Washington
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn, WA
Name
Chuck Masonic
Boat
Excalibur-2700 Sea Sport Pilot-
That's priceless!!! When she goes home, there will be no regrets. :-) Thanks for sharing the special trip for your mom.

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Thanks for the write up Chris and sharing your memories for an entire generation of your family with us here on BD WA.

I am sure you will never forget this day as I am sure your Mom will as well!

Happy days to you and your family!!!

WD.

Reactions: GregE

JayG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 28, 2015
Mill Creek
Name
Jay
Boat
NR 31 OS “Adrienne Rose”
Chris,

Way to think outside the box and go that extra mile to get your mother onboard.
Guarenteed that’s a memory neither of you will ever forget.

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
1984 Cobalt DV 18.5
That's awesome. Mom out fishes deckhand son. You did a great and noble deed hooking up your mom with some biters.

Mazu

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 30, 2008
Seattle/Westport
Name
Leif Jackson
Boat
22' Sea Sport, "Mazu"
Thanks for the awesome report!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008