lovefofish

Peanut Gallery
May 22, 2010
Corona
Name
Drew
Boat
Cabo 216
I was just wondering if any one has ever been to Woxof lodge in Point Baker, Alaska or had any info on it.

tooshort

Aug 19, 2007
Wrangell Ak
Name
Todd Owenson
Boat
26 ft NorthRiver The big O
I was there last July I cant wait to go back. They supply everything, Good food
Tackle I cant say enough good about the place, And from the dock to fishing at East rock which is bad ass is only about a quarter beer away. Rob will pick you up in Petersburg So go to the Harbor bar and liquer and load up. But if you need to buy more the store across from lodge is ONLY open 2 Hrs aday I think from noon to 2 But he will sell if he is there I cant wait to go back:hali_olutta:

cabo jon

Carey-On
Jun 22, 2012
Cameron Park/Moss Landing, Ca
Name
jon
Boat
Carey-On
Point Baker is beautiful, however In my opinion one should look at all other options first. Many other lodges in Alaska to choose from, some better than others. In my opinion I would steer clear of Woxof. If you try to take a job at this lodge, I strongly recommend you have a signed detailed contract. This is a fly by the seat of your pants run operation and not all is as advertised. Choose wisely how you want to spend your hard earned money.

Rob Searing

Sep 3, 2015
Point Baker, Alaska
Name
Rob Searing
Boat
Nordic Margarita
Point Baker is beautiful, however In my opinion one should look at all other options first. Many other lodges in Alaska to choose from, some better than others. In my opinion I would steer clear of Woxof. If you try to take a job at this lodge, I strongly recommend you have a signed detailed contract. This is a fly by the seat of your pants run operation and not all is as advertised. Choose wisely how you want to spend your hard earned money.
Bottom line: if your not ready to work, don’t apply here. If you are not a hard worker that has the necessary skills the boss will can you. Whatever you do, don’t misrepresent yourself. That goes for all whimpering cry babies as well.

soul troller

HMFIC
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
My 8 days at Woxof lodge with my group of 8 was no less than spectacular . This spot is a giant honey hole no doubt.

Great food , clean rooms , very nice common areas , and giant halibut as close as 5 minutes from the dock.

We did a day of guided , and then went self guided on the capable skiffs for the rest of our trip. Limit style fishing every day with multiple 100+ pound halibut. Tons of salmon and rockfish too.
They cleaned and processed the fish at noon and 5pm daily . Excellent job on filleting, vacuum seal / boxing . Shared and ate that meat for over a year.

There will always be personalities , and sometimes Type A guys butt heads. Hell , I even experienced a little of that. Didn't / doesn't matter. Still one of my very best fishing adventures in 50 years on the water .

Only thing I would do different is bring a couple of my own rigs for butts , now that I know the drill.
I plan on going back for sure. Every one is my group feels the same.
Also a great value if you are a guy who likes to run his own boat. 20180318_091706.png