Upvote 0

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
Sunnyvale
Name
Dan
Boat
Hopefully One Day
Went out of Monterey on the opening weekend with Randy's (which btw have new owners) and we did not even get a nibble.

Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Went out of Monterey on the opening weekend with Randy's (which btw have new owners) and we did not even get a nibble.

That's because Monterey boats are moochers. There havent been any real big bait balls and concentrations of fish. You're better off going out on a six pack and trolling. That is how to catch salmon in Monterey.

Reactions: karlk1125
Upvote 0

davedave

Almost A Member
Sep 16, 2009
Santa Cruz
Name
Dave
Boat
26' ACB
Bayside is FAMOUS for Exaggerating the fish scores to promote business...call the Monterey Sport Fishing Party Boat Landings...there were NO 20 lbers...put the crack pipe DOWN!!!
Could you speak up a little? When you talk out your ass like that it comes out all garbled and hard to understand.

There's PLENTY of Salmon out there this year, seen some big ones too.
But I guess we should listen to a guy from San Francisco who calls Monterey to get the "inside info" on fish out of Santa Cruz

Upvote 0

Capt Ahab

Almost A Member
Jan 25, 2017
Somewhere in the Galaxy
Name
Mark Rodman
Boat
Upright
Could you speak up a little? When you talk out your ass like that it comes out all garbled and hard to understand.

There's PLENTY of Salmon out there this year, seen some big ones too.
But I guess we should listen to a guy from San Francisco who calls Monterey to get the "inside info" on fish out of Santa Cruz
If you consider most vessels getting SKUNKED & LESS than a fish per rod...as in your impotent classification of "PLENTY"...then your parameters have sunken to depths comparable to the Marianas Trench....which I'm SURE you will have to goggle to understand the analogy ....probably have to also Google "analogy"

Upvote 0

Derby

Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Ahab,

How about a Moby Dick analogy. Maybe you should ditch the Pequod and you might finally catch that beast. Or just give up and save face.

I and all of my friends are killing it. White whales everyday. Limits and Limits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Capt Ahab

Almost A Member
Jan 25, 2017
Somewhere in the Galaxy
Name
Mark Rodman
Boat
Upright
Ahab,

How about a Moby Dick analog. Maybe you should ditch the Pequod and you might finally catch that beast. Or just give up and save face.

I and all of my friends are killing it. White whales everyday. Limits and Limits.

If you consider "Killing It"....two 10lbers for 12 hours of fishing as per YOUR REPORT...

https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/moss-4-1-beautiful-day.652320/#post-4303453...

Then you ALSO need to reconsider your impotent definition of "Killing It"... the only thing you kill is the over abundance of rats in your backyard!!!!

Upvote 0

Derby

Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
You think I post every fishing trip here on BD?

Maybe I post all my friends too?

If you think fishing sucks, stay home. That's fine with me.

Reactions: HAMBONES
Upvote 0

karlk1125

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 20, 2008
Bodega Bay
Name
Karl Kobler
Boat
2008 World Cat 320 EC twin Mercury v8 300 Verado “Freedom”
Looks like this is going to be a real solid salmon season!

Reactions: davedave
Upvote 0