Islands Worse than skunkt

Dan Ferialdi

May 20, 2015
Name
Dan
Boat
190 outrage
A skunk would at leaste be a day on the water. Be wary of booking with Ciscos. I booked 3 trips for WSB back in March for may, June, and July and so far they canceled 2 of the 3 to take on charters rather than commit to the open party trips they put out there. I get the hard times but, I wont be booking with them again.

Reactions: kevina

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Yep, That is definitely crap. Sounds like Ciscos Landing in Ventura and Virg's Landing in Morro Bay have the same method for business practices. Lie through their teeth, get the money, and after that.....they don't give a flying crap.

There are greatly better landing that don't play games to patronize our fishing habit, for sure!

Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
Nothing worse to be kicked aside when planing a fishing trip , maybe get some friends together with you being the charter master and get you`re own trip going to avoid getting kicked to the curb again , good luck

Upvote 0

Dan Ferialdi

May 20, 2015
Name
Dan
Boat
190 outrage
Agreed. Best bet is to charter master your own trips on your favorite boats. I've had good days on the Pacific Islander but I will think twice before scheduling a open party with them again. By the time they cancelled you for their charter it's almost impossible to find a spot on another boat. Especially when its WSB your after.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    It a bad day. I hope they make it right

Upvote 0

Rabid Fish

Jun 27, 2004
    Southern California
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    26'
    A skunk would at leaste be a day on the water. Be wary of booking with Ciscos. I booked 3 trips for WSB back in March for may, June, and July and so far they canceled 2 of the 3 to take on charters rather than commit to the open party trips they put out there. I get the hard times but, I wont be booking with them again.
    I was just on a boat out of that landing and they had signs all over saying, "All boats at Channel Islands Sportfishing are individually owned, operated, and maintained. Channel Islands Sportfishing is only serving as the ticket agent. Channel Islands Sportfishing does not hire, train or employ any of the crews on the boats. Passengers assume all responsibility for themselves while onboard the vessels."

And I copy pasted that from their website. I know nothing about anything, but it seems to me the BOATS did that, not the landing.

Upvote 0