WOOO HOOO Yellowtail limits today...finally in Asuncion!!!!

blowhole

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 18, 2007
bahia asuncion, on the west coast of central baja
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
After a couple crappy weeks of fog, cloud, even some showers...not much fish and fewer fishermen. We have had lots of cancellations this month and were all pretty down...but today made up for all of that. It was a perfect day out on the water...calm seas, sunny...nice temp and great fishermen who didnt give a rats ass what they caught...they were just here for fun and love fishin with Capt. Juan.

Last night when our buds arrived, they unloaded the truck, chugged some beers and headed straight to the beach for some shore fishing. They were stoked to have the best ever shore fishing...each fish they caught was the biggest they'd ever caught off a beach....so their third visit to Asuncion started off great. When they showed up to panga fish this morning they said they couldnt wait to get back from fishing to go fishing on the beach again!!

today was the bomb! They each caught their limit of nice yellowtail jigging blue and white irons and scramled eggs...the yt were pretty deep and they got a real workout. Then they hit the calico holes and limited out on nice calico too along with some bonita and white fish. The vacuum packer will get a real workout too!! Big day and hopefully tomorrow will be a rerun of today.

Attachments

GOAT15

Jul 12, 2008
Point Loma, San Diego
Name
Brando
Boat
28 Parker LADY LUCK, 25ft parker CC, 35 Cabo flybridge,Ranger 85
Well done on the forkies, now thats a good time, Live buy the IRON

rsp999

Mar 9, 2007
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ray Province
Boat
any one that will let me onboard
Juan, always enjoy your posts. Am thinking of coming down there in a few weeks. What kind of fish are available from the beach and what lures/baits work the best for the surf fishing.

Thanks,
Ray

amirravon

Calypso
Feb 22, 2009
Los Cabos, MX / MDR /SD / Bahamas / Miami FL
Name
Amir Ravon
Boat
61' Viking ( Full time Captain)
Hi Dear Shari and Juan. is that you on BD ? thanks for the good report, I am happy to see you guys and the guests back to kill some YT.

Congratulation on the new addition to your family. you guys rocks , miss you

Amir

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
Juan, always enjoy your posts. Am thinking of coming down there in a few weeks. What kind of fish are available from the beach and what lures/baits work the best for the surf fishing.

Thanks,
Ray
Corbina, halibutt, bass...etc..

Croc's and scampis.. white killed em last time.

tunasurfer

Dec 8, 2008
san quintin baja mexico
Name
alex rekrut
Boat
17' monarch
hey guys,,,, i'm gona give up on san quintin if you guys keep this up....Great fish ...WOW i'm envious
oldman

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
the fishermen shore fished again last night after a long hard day of scoopin up Yellowtail....they caught some real nice corvina on gulpies and a local guy was just tossin out a hook with bonita chunks on it and haulin em in...today another stunning sunrise to greet the anglers.
supposed to be an 8' swell coming up tomorrow.

and here is that man baby Izaak who is getting used to the smell of fish guts!

Attachments

mafrancis66

Apr 19, 2010
Oceanside, CA, USA
Name
Mark Franics
Boat
Sold it!
Thanks for the report Shari! We are only 28 days out before we arrive. Looking forward to an absolute great time!

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
wow!!!!!exslnte.

blowhole

Oct 18, 2007
www.bahiaasuncion.com
Name
shari & juan arce
Boat
28' super panga
today wasnt a rerun of yesterday but they did get a couple nice YT...lost a big one...the wind kicked up early and lots of current...crappy conditions but they managed to get a bunch of calico, a sheepshead, whitefish and bonita too. They're gonna rest up and go shore fishing at sunset to complete the mixed bag.