stucktip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
So this thread inspired me to do something that I probably never thought of doing.

I always enjoyed the butch green calico boxes, but they were hard to find. It was the right size for a 3/4 day, even up to overnight.

So the little hamsters started to roll in my head. Why not have them made.

I made a few of them (7) and will hand them out on my sponsored trips. Something a little different for my guests. If there is enough interest, I would make another run. But for now, these are freebies.

View attachment 519676

Badass! Do you have any for sale I want one!

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Dang Jerry what don't you make?????? lol
I don't wrap rods. I tried, attended rod wrapping class and bought all the equipment and never made a rod.

I then had a much better appreciation of rod wrappers and the detail that goes into building rods. Maybe when I retire. But for now, I will stick to jigs.

Yes Fishy, you will have one for your trip. :)

Badass! Do you have any for sale I want one!
If I get enough interest, I will make a run. These do take some time though.

stucktip

Oct 3, 2011
OG Spring Valley, currently- North Park, San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
Whatever
I don't wrap rods. I tried, attended rod wrapping class and bought all the equipment and never made a rod.

I then had a much better appreciation of rod wrappers and the detail that goes into building rods. Maybe when I retire. But for now, I will stick to jigs.

Yes Fishy, you will have one for your trip. :)

If I get enough interest, I will make a run. These do take some time though.

any pics of the insides or dimensions?

ripped

Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
Very nice! Like to see these still being made, sturdy and functional.

Anglewood

Up to no good...
Feb 16, 2012
Culver City, CA
Name
Connor
Boat
Intrepid, New Del Mar
Those are very nice Jerry! Looking forward to seeing one in person this summer.

-Connor

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I thought you are the one who wins all the raffles :D.

-Connor

You're in luck this time….. being the charter master I am not eligible…. now we can have a vote to let me be in the drawing…..but I already know what the results will be…..lol

Reactions: Anglewood

poncherello

Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Dang Jerry what don't you make?????? lol
When I read that quote fishy, I thought of the old tv show "In Living Color". The skit of "Hey Mon!" I guess you can say I have, "10 job Mon". Those were some great shows with Jim Carey back in the day.

Thanks for the compliments guys. For those of you who don't know me, I like to put as much as I can in my sponsored trips. Jigs are always nice, but I like to hand out some stuff that is unique.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
When I read that quote fishy, I thought of the old tv show "In Living Color". The skit of "Hey Mon!" I guess you can say I have, "10 job Mon". Those were some great shows with Jim Carey back in the day.

Thanks for the compliments guys. For those of you who don't know me, I like to put as much as I can in my sponsored trips. Jigs are always nice, but I like to hand out some stuff that is unique.
I remember In living Color it was a classic…..very very clever and funny.

You folks looking for a trip with over the top swag on a premiere boat you should hop on Jerry's 6 day trip on the Intrepid it leaves June 15…….If i wasn't going on a 8 day in July I would be all over it….

john e.

Aug 26, 2012
alta loma
Name
john
Boat
any
here are a couple of mine. Got a buddy who owns a cabinet shop and he does the mad scientist thing once in a while(much to my benefit) the big one hold 7 of the big plastic trays and is made of bamboo plywood no hardware the front and top slide out and its strong enough to sit on which I have done while on trolling rotation.View attachment 519773

christiantrevor

Fecal matter conveyor
Sep 4, 2008
La Habra
Name
Jeff
Boat
2007 24' Four Winns
This is my African Mahogny box with stainless hardware. It has a removable fluorocarbon dispenser that sits in the bottom and holds 4 of the small plastic boxs. The finish is Watco teak oil. The side handles are spring loaded and the 2 rocket launchers are the tapered aluminum type. 17" tall, 12" front to back including the rocket launchers and 14" wide handle to handle.

IMG954573.jpg

3325.jpeg

20140804_173925.jpg

20140803_095534.jpg

20140803_095440.jpg

20140806_060546.jpg

20140803_095523.jpg

20140803_151009.jpg

20140806_060509.jpg

Last edited:

Phil

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat
n/a
Norm Kagawa made this one for me after I got inspired by this topic when it first started! I pretty much only do 7 to 10 day summer or fall long range trips and this is perfect for me. It replaced a mid-sized SKB I used for several years which is an excellent box, but not quite the same as having one just the way you want it.

Sorry for the lousy cell phone photos!!

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg