Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Name
    Rusty
    Boat
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
    Can we delete this thread? I’m fishing on the fortune tomorrow night 1.5 day. Hope we don’t have googans chasing us. Nachos has REALLY REALLY good bait coming tomorrow night. 😂 damn you rust man
    Well at least you will have a front row to the shit show. If I were you, I would fish as soon as they motor down. Start fishing a 150 gr. Flat fall until the sun comes up. Once the sun is up fish the sinker rig as light as weight to get you to 200+ and a small 1/0, hook. After the sun comes up and the private fleet arrives, your chances decrease big time.

Reactions: Ducksnpucks
    Upvote 0

Ducksnpucks

Almost A Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Long Beach, Ca
    Name
    Ducks
    Boat
    None
    Well at least you will have a front row to the shit show. If I were you, I would fish as soon as they motor down. Start fishing a 150 gr. Flat fall until the sun comes up. Once the sun is up fish the sinker rig as light as weight to get you to 200+ and a small 1/0, hook. After the sun comes up and the private fleet arrives, your chances decrease big time.
    Would of been nicer if you DMd me, now I’m fighting googan boats and other people on the same trip 😝

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    If the forecast is gusts above 20 knots, you might get canceled. It would be a bust anyway for BFT. Once the sea surface temperature drop the fish will scatter.
    Either The Water temp drop or that much boat traffic will for sure scatter the fish!!! Look for them to pop up in that area behind Catalina close to the west end, Where they popped up last year, when they high tailed that same area last year.

Matt4824

Probably fishing
    Jul 26, 2018
    Dana point
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    All
    With this weather forecast these fish are far more likely to push way more south/west than towards behind Catalina, did we forget it’s may?

Zeroclass1503

May 25, 2020
    Orange County
    Name
    Jordan hana
    Boat
    Sandy girl
    No what you said was wrong. I don’t know what else to say. You have captains calling in saying it’s a fricken war out there right now. I’m not trying to fight with you. But speak the truth on the subject
    Just got back this morning from 1.5 day on the Pacifica and most of the boat were NOT right on top of each other…except when they got called in by their homies skippering boats on a great bite….we came within a quarter mile of another vessel maybe twice….until 10 pm when we went nuts to butts with 3 other boats and sealed the deal on our limits. It was pretty awesome

Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
    Jun 26, 2004
    san diego
    Name
    ryan
    Boat
    22’ Seaway
    Wind event Wednesday- Saturday looks gnarly. Water will roll. Boats will spread back out the following week and everyone will calm down. Fishing with other boats sucks! Go enjoy the hunt. This isn’t trout fishing.

Upvote 0

1toughfish

Mar 11, 2013
    San Francisco/Los Angeles
    Name
    Young
    Boat
    none
    Wind event Wednesday- Saturday looks gnarly. Water will roll. Boats will spread back out the following week and everyone will calm down. Fishing with other boats sucks! Go enjoy the hunt. This isn’t trout fishing.
    Yeah I only ask because I'm taking my gf and some friends who has never gone offshore fishing and don't want them to have a bad experience

Hophead
    Hophead
    I wouldn’t take newbies out in 6+ tight interval swell with wind on it. You’ll never get them to fish again. Spring time conditions are very questionable most of the time. Take them in the fall. October being the best month.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
    torrance, ca
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Vagabond
    Mother Nature is going to take care of the crowding problem... Thursday Windy forecasts 16-17 knots gusting to 24. Waves 9-10'.

My 4-Day on Shogun is Wednesday AM - Sunday AM. Anyone know how Shogun fishes in conditions like this? Newbie here I have only done a couple shorter trips on New Lo-An.

My sea legs are good and my tolerance for swells is sturdy. Own a 26' boat in Oregon that I fish a lot. Never been seasick. Just wondering what fishing is like in a big 90' boat in these conditions.
    I love the Shogun. Big wide heavy boat. But 25 knots and and 10 foot swells is nautical no matter which boat you're on. Forecasts are improving for Sat and Sunday looks awesome. We used to call it One Hand fishing, one hand for the rod, one hand for the rail. Bring your foul weather gear and water proof pants and boots.

Reactions: 2Rotten
    Upvote 0