Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    When the ducks stop flying I start eating all the blind food. This can't be good for me.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356565017.883523.jpg

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    You girls did pretty good. :appl:
    I hunted the afternoon at wister. Wind never developed and neither did any activity to speak of. My buddy and I got 6 ducks. I got a nice long chase to remind me what it was like to hunt dog less all those years :rolleyes: Passed on a few spooners in the dekes and whiffed on a couple Wigeon. Pretty damn slow.
    I can't figure this season out. Sat was pretty good, I thought today would be better. Not so much. This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've followed up a solid hunt with a letdown.

Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    I texted you and you never came back. Needed someone in our other pond to push the birds. They kept dumping in and taunting us.
    Imperial didn't shoot the afternoon and was sucking birds in which made it difficult...

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I texted you and you never came back. Needed someone in our other pond to push the birds. They kept dumping in and taunting us.
    Imperial didn't shoot the afternoon and was sucking birds in which made it difficult...

Crap....I just found it on my phone. I was on the way out there when it came in....We didn't get to the refuge til after 11. Out to the blind around 12 or so. I would have cruised by. Btw..I have a pos $40 Wal Mart phone. Calling is better for me.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    I'll call next time. It was only groups of 30-40 teal and tons of spoon dumping in. We haven't seen a widgeon in a while.

That's cool and kinda trippy that you were getting wads of teal. I was tripping out that we saw so few. We had one little group come by that blinded me in the sun when I pulled up and I whiffed, and another single that I got and that was pretty much it. We did have one other pair that came from behind us and buzzed right over the blind without being shot at.:finger:
    We had seen a fair amount of teal a trip or two ago and I was wondering wtf happened to them. I guess they are still around. Were they still around in the pm. or was it more of a morning deal?

Upvote 0