I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Gerry and I hunted T-12 today and I'd have to say it was kind of slow for the area; pretty slow Flyoff at first light except for a lone GWT which made the mistake of landing in the dekes just before shooting time and then challenging Gerry to the draw which Gerry won with one clean shot. From then on it was a single here and maybe 2-3 rockets flying by there which we might get one; this went on most of the morning with no large flights seen moving in or out to sea. We ended up with 1 Gadwall, 6 GWT and I was able to get my first Blue Wing teal in 50 years of duck hunting, they are very pretty . Our shorthairs brought back everything we killed and Lucy searched 20 minutes for a Shoveler we winged and dropped into the next dike over but she came up empty
WISTER2 1-22-20.jpg
. A nice day to end our season, the roads were good with no issues. It seemed there was better shooting north of us today; but I'd be surprised if they shot above a 2.5 average.

Bad To The Bone

Not old...Experienced
Mar 17, 2004
Escondido
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold it!
Jeff, thanks for the great day and a fitting end to our season. I appreciate you posting up the photo of me and Elsa, but where's that nice one I took of you and Lucy?? She was a rock star today and YOU were the hot gunner.

HighWildFree

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Nice job! We’ve been running into lots of BWT around the Wister area, unfortunately it seams I only shoot hens!

DOGHOUSE26

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Visit site
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Jeff, thanks for the great day and a fitting end to our season. I appreciate you posting up the photo of me and Elsa, but where's that nice one I took of you and Lucy?? She was a rock star today and YOU were the hot gunner.
I didn' want anyone to wonder who this guy was that looks like he just polished off a KFC 24 piece bucket by himself
WISTER 1-22-20.jpg

Yes Jason there was quite a few flights of geese were circling our part of the refuge; with resi # 7 we were one of the first groups to get down there and I think they heard us arrive and flew off U-10 around 4AM and they slowly filtered back for a looksee all morning. We had a few flights come directly over us probably within lead or bismuth range, lower than I've seen in a long time over the open refuge areas which surprised me; Gerry went on a walk north of our blind later in the morning and discovered the site just NW of us apparently set up some goose decoys in their spread which explained why the geese came by for a closer look. Fortunately nobody skybusted that we could see.

Reactions: Bad To The Bone