Islandrat

Wish I was new
Aug 15, 2007
Camarillo
Name
Eric
Boat
Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
Trying to connect a Furuno 7000F plotter to a Furuno 1623 radar. 6 pin to 7 pin, I was told to flip-flop the Yellow and Green and flip-flop the black and white? does this sound right? Any help would be great. thanx in advance. just read an article by Dry Doc? that made perfect sense, I just need to figure out wich wires are talkers and listeners.

spear-fish

Something smells fishey
Aug 26, 2005
Chino
Name
Mike
Boat
77 Skippy 20 Open OB Spear-Fish III
I don't know the answer, but when I was interconnecting my GPS to my autopilot, I used the contact form on the Furuno website and the answered me the next day with what I needed.

baaadlybent

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
Yes, the Furuno help desk is outstanding. Be very clear about what you want and they will respond quickly. You basically want to connect the "send" wires of one to the "receive" wires of the other. Once you do it and it works be sure to make some notes so if you have problems you will understand what and why you did what you did because it will be VERY confusing to you when you try to troubleshoot it in the future. Here's a pic of my connection from my autopilot to my Furuno equipment. I have no idea what I am looking at. But I do have some good notes with the emails from the Furuno guy explaining what to do.

Attachments