FishPimpII

Shopping for a boat...
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
Deckhand of "JuiceboxII" And soon to be captain of fishpimpiii
Why the hell would you think that a fishing boat hull is good at 55knots? That’s ridiculous and absolutely not what those hulls are designed for
Not everything that is fun is good. And not everything that is good is fun.
Applies to boats and the marrraige advice thread right?

FHisherman

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
Why the hell would you think that a fishing boat hull is good at 55knots? That’s ridiculous and absolutely not what those hulls are designed for
I guess cause America is my only response. Plus they put a lot into safe top speed due to liability from the manufacturer. Swinging big balls and laying down a big carbon footprint and taking risks is just part of American culture. I'll never drive a grossly overpowered boat...however, the manufacturer has their gross rating and Yamaha says run them to the pin once each trip...no shit. I'll keep it up unless it's foggy or there is too much drift in the water or I don't feel safe. We do have to do high RPM tests to make sure we are propped right. MAGA 6000 RPM in 2020.

Walker Inc.

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 24, 2013
Gig Harbor, WA
Name
Patrick Walker
Boat
33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
There are 2 speeds in a boat. Neutral and wide open. Not much room for anything else. I’m sad because my wide open is only 34 knots......

Reactions: Sammy Hooker

Shearer

Aug 7, 2016
Belfair
Name
-HAMMER-
Boat
26ft kingfisher
Yes all three durbys got me two split tails and a injun we are locked cocked and ready to rock.
We are in for the BD side bet. See you out there

Reactions: Sammy Hooker