silver slayer

I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this
May 12, 2009
kitsap county
Name
Josh
Boat
25' starcraft expedition
i haven't been but have heard its decent.

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
Depends on where you are going. I've done great. The deeper the better. Short soaks and lots of movement. Gotta stay warm somehow. Where have you been out?

minesgold

Apr 17, 2011
Burlington WA Skagit
Name
Jeff
Boat
20' Thunderjet OS (REEL CLASS)
Out last week in 8.1 so many pots comercial or Indian not sure, 4 hour soak with three pots two pots had not been touched all bait in tact and the othere had 6 runts. this area is where I was in the summer opener will try up north around Birch Bay it was good this summer.
Any other ideas out there where to go?

dstinger

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego, Ca and Sequim, WA. USA.
Name
Glenn with gas money for albie trips off La Push
Boat
Kayaks, sailboards, rowboats and driftboats
Out last week in 8.1 so many pots comercial or Indian not sure, 4 hour soak with three pots two pots had not been touched all bait in tact and the othere had 6 runts. this area is where I was in the summer opener will try up north around Birch Bay it was good this summer.
Any other ideas out there where to go?
I'm pretty sure Birch Bay.... 7 North is closed

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
4' more baylitter than JohnVH
7S and N re-opened for winter crab.
The natives bombed the area pretty good, I stayed south instead and a buddy of mine said their overnight soaks in Blaine were stuffed pots but only a few keepers.
More crab quota is worthless without more crab.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
we did 'Ok' last week.

Attachments

Clockwork

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 16, 2011
covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
GW Marlin
went saturday. good luck finding a spot to drop your gear between the commercial traps. worked hard for 14 keepers out of 15 possible limit in 8-2. lots of crab, not alot of keepers. best spot turned out to be right outside the breakwater where we got almost all of them in one last desperation set.

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
RK, I stand corrected... 7N is open... I just don't see any pots out there and I know there's crab
Very few go crabbing in the winter seasons up here, if there is no commie/native efforts going on give it a try....
The rougher weather might keep all the little crackhead skiffs off the water and offer some good crabbing.

dstinger

Feb 18, 2009
San Diego, Ca and Sequim, WA. USA.
Name
Glenn with gas money for albie trips off La Push
Boat
Kayaks, sailboards, rowboats and driftboats
Very few go crabbing in the winter seasons up here, if there is no commie/native efforts going on give it a try....
The rougher weather might keep all the little crackhead skiffs off the water and offer some good crabbing.
RK, The Lummi's pound it pretty hard but are suppossed to stay outside the bay...Lots of crabs in the bay though... I have a place in Birch Bay Village and I know the area can pump out some really nice full crabs.....I'll be out there tomorrow.... I give most away but love being out there on the water... nice sunsets too... Close to the "Hummer Hole" as well.. It's no secret

rkcarguy

Dec 4, 2009
North Puget Sound
Name
Ryan
Boat
The whole bay is decent and holds tons of crab, too bad we don't get first crack at it though. Last year we went out for opening day and set the 6 pots 4 times, 90 minute soaks for 17 keepers. Pots were stuffed with crab we must have sorted thru 300+ crab but so many undersize and females.
I really doubt anyone keeps the Lummi's out of the bay...

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
All you got out of that pot in the picture was 2 ???

Must be a photo trick cause they all look like keepers to me. Nice haul.
We keep only the ones around 6 3/4 in. we want to keep the gene pool strong for the south sound crabbing