Wind prediction

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Abusaade, Aug 1, 2019.

1. bentcalstar

bentcalstar Member

Name:
    Charley Tabbara
    Boat:
    Boat
    I'm another one on the Outer Limits Charter. See you guys onboard.

King Halibut likes this.
  2. Abusaade

Abusaade Member

It will be a pleasure . Looks like the wind may come down a little

3. dtfisherman

dtfisherman GONE FISHING

Name:
    Danny
    Boat:
    None
    I think you misinterpreted or didn’t see my point. I don’t disagree that the bite is down, I just disagree with the word you used scratchy, wasn’t strong enough. To me, it’s worse, the bite is off in the waters 50-100 miles south of SD. That’s why I exaggerated a bit but not much that they are temporarily removed from the menu. When a fleet of 81 boats report 5 bluefin caught yesterday and 3 the day before, it’s worse than scratchy imho, it’s off the menu. Since you mentioned sport boat captains and trophy fish, here’s my twist and observation. Captains that are friends that I know all sing the same song, they LOVE to fish for the big boys but they have to balance this with keeping all their customers happy and paying their crew and bills. One, two and maybe three guys get a 100#+ memory of a lifetime while 20+/- others get a ticket to the show is a tough sell. It’s a different breed of anglers, like us, that are willing to pay and take the Go Big or Go Bust ride.

Hope to see you on the rail again Brother!

Ps. Magical area is in three zones:

1. Triangular area. Draw a line from the 29 Fathom Spot off China Point to the 81 then to the 86.

2. Oval area. Draw a line from the 43 to the 300 then to SC Basin Buoy then encircle the dots in an oval.

3. 32 49 118 18 when open and at the right time, has been a private honey hole for BIG BFT for a few in the fleet for two months.

4. Predatormonster

Predatormonster PredatorMonster

Name:
    Dan Monster
    Boat:
    Predatormonster
    Bite is slow today but Wednesday could be wide open . That's fishing. The weather however .......looks poor for a 30 foot and under vessel. Easy on a 65 assuming you have any sealegs at all . Have fun , don't stress and crush whatever biting .

5. spize909

spize909 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jeff
    Boat:
    no
    not much of a report
    ......that said passageweather.com is usually pretty spot on. Times are all UTC so they are 7 hours ahead.