will yellows be wide open any time soon again in ensenada????

bochixter

Apr 15, 2009
chula vista Ca ,usa
Name
Christopher Diaz
Boat
N/A
you guys think that yellows will be wide open again in ensenada.
i was planning on going on sunday. but i want to make sure if is a good idea
to go or not.what you guys think???
will the weather be better by this coming sunday??

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
It's called FISHING.....not CATCHING..............

Upvote 0

tecateando

Jan 11, 2009
Ensenada, BC, MX
Name
Forrest
Boat
Parker 1801 CC, "La Mañanera"
i'd be pretty happy if it stayed just the way it is forever. not wide open by any stretch, but its pretty consistent if you put the hours on your motor.

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"

Attachments

• 8 ball yes.jpg
    8 ball yes.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

Its 4 Reel

Nov 2, 2005
Ensenada Baja Mexico
www.its4reels.com
Name
Capt. Louie Prieto
Boat
23' Parker - It's 4 Reels!
Dude just come on down and fish. You just have to put the time in. If you try and plan a trip only when the bite is on you may be only fishing a couple of times a year. Fish move. Bait move. Water temperatures change. Eventually you will be in on those epic bites. The worse that can happen is you will spend some money doing something you really enjoy. A couple of things you can count on is the beer is cold and the tacos down here are the bomb. Not to mention the women and the nightlife if that is your thing. Just "Do It".

Upvote 0

fishbuck

Catch of the day!
Sep 30, 2008
costa mesa,ca and SanQ
Name
Mike
Boat
?
It's called FISHING.....not CATCHING..............

Only the way you do it! When I go it's called catching.:cool:

If you followed my posts in the other thread you know I have what I call the "3 day hotbite theory"
Some guys will go out there and drag lures around all day. Could be the same guy or different guys.
Day 1) One of those guys will be lucky enough to be out there and find the hot bite. Hopefully they will post on here and brag about all the fish they caught and that the bite is wide open.
Day 2) You call in sick from work, haul a$$ down to Ensenada, find a panga and get out to the island as fast as possible and get into a crazy wideopen bite. It will be the best day of your life.
Day 3) Everybody and his hermano will be there chasing the fish and still catching crazy amounts of fish.
Day 4) Hundreds of fish will have been pulled from the school by now and the fish start figuring it out. Boat noise etc. will scatter the school and it will be over.

The 3 day hotbite will vary by a day or 2 but it's fairly consistant.

But if you don't believe me just go down there and drag lures around the ocean. And if you find the hotbite please post photos and feel free to brag about all the fish you caught.
Cheers!:cheers:

Upvote 0

Pancheke

CHILANGO HATER
Apr 28, 2004
ENSENADA
Name
PANCHEKE
Boat
QUE ?????
I was out there on Sunday, (Permit in hand) plenty of fish out there, but no players .

Upvote 0

MateoFeo

Mucho Take it Easy
  • Aug 22, 2007
    San Diego
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    19' CC
    The tuna bite is wide open!! Right off the coast of Sal Si Puedes there are a bunch of pockets you can hit close to shore. Their not hittin' the troll though, live bait only. Look for the buoys you'll be catchin' not fishin'!

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    The tuna bite is wide open!! Right off the coast of Sal Si Puedes there are a bunch of pockets you can hit close to shore. Their not hittin' the troll though, live bait only. Look for the buoys you'll be catchin' not fishin'!

I hope you're being sarcastic :smoking33::smoking33::smoking33:

Upvote 0

cksea

<*}}}<
    Apr 16, 2005
    SD
    Name
    CKSEA
    Boat
    PORTA
    Would that be the elusive Yellow Tail Tuna? People talk about them and I have still never caught one.

Upvote 0

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
    May 14, 2008
    San Quintin BCN mex.
    Name
    Captain Juan SQ.
    Boat
    parker 23/20.slaptail.
    Dude just come on down and fish. You just have to put the time in. If you try and plan a trip only when the bite is on you may be only fishing a couple of times a year. Fish move. Bait move. Water temperatures change. Eventually you will be in on those epic bites. The worse that can happen is you will spend some money doing something you really enjoy. A couple of things you can count on is the beer is cold and the tacos down here are the bomb. Not to mention the women and the nightlife if that is your thing. Just "Do It".

This is by far the best advice you'll ever get,thanks, its 4 reel.

Upvote 0

fishbuck

Catch of the day!
    Sep 30, 2008
    costa mesa,ca and SanQ
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    ?
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Its 4 Reel
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is by far the best advice you'll ever get,thanks, its 4 reel.

This is the advice you will get from anybody that makes money from fishing. They don't care whether you catch fish or not as long as they get paid.
    Watch all the fish counts and the weather and be smart about how you spend your fishing dollars.
    Hey Capt Juan.... get out there and find some Yellowtail!

Upvote 0

fishbuck

Catch of the day!
    Sep 30, 2008
    costa mesa,ca and SanQ
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    ?
    all of you guys should hop on tomorrow aboard the grande =]

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=700 align=center bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR bgColor=#000000><TD width=312></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap width=50>04-10-2010</TD><TD noWrap width=90>Overnight </TD><TD align=middle width=25>40</TD><TD width=312>22 California Yellowtail</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dcdcdc><TD noWrap width=50>04-09-2010</TD><TD noWrap width=90>Overnight </TD><TD align=middle width=25>40</TD><TD width=312>6 California Yellowtail</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD noWrap width=50>04-09-2010</TD><TD noWrap width=90>Overnight </TD><TD align=middle width=25>40</TD><TD width=312>3 California Yellowtail, 3 Rockfish</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dcdcdc><TD noWrap width=50>04-07-2010</TD><TD noWrap width=90>Overnight </TD><TD align=middle width=25>40</TD><TD width=312>200 California Yellowtail</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Grande hasn't fished in 4 days and the last trip average was .55 fish per angler. Or in otherwords about half the guys caught a yellowtail. The odds of catching a yellowtail tomorrow on Grande are slim to none.
    But it's only $110 and missing a day of work. It will probably be a nice boat ride.

Upvote 0

fresnofisher

Jan 13, 2010
    Fresno
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Ranger Reata
    Damn....I reserved spots for lots of people on the Sea Adventurer 80 this weekend. Now I see that there are problems??? You think we'll run into some Yellowtail? It's my first trip! I hope we catch!

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    The glow from having found the next one will warm you and linger long after the cool breeze of skunk has left you to try again.

Applies equally to fish and women.

Upvote 0