GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Gonzo;
The new immigration laws are published. I have not read them. I only had to change the way my mex visa is renewed. Not sure how it affects the nados.

I am not trying to be an asshole, I am serious. I am sure they are published, the question is where? Where can you go and get the real deal,accurate up to date info? doing a search on the web gives you a ton of different answers, calling the local people and it is like they don't know what you are talking about. I am sure I am not alone... where can you get the honest to God latest, accurate, up to date information?

I think the majority of people share my opinion

it's not about the money, i think the Mexicans should make money just like everyone else. Hell they charge less of an out of the country fishing lic than you pay for a res. ca.fishing lic, and an out of state ca. lic, is three times that amount

they don't make a cent on your passport, even though I paid way to much for mine, I got it because you have to have one to get a visa, but still it wasn't because of the Mexicans or what they might do if you didn't have one, it was because of fucking homeland security and their power tripping agents. if you call and ask the local consulate they will tell you that you don't need one, i know you do to leave and get back into this country so I am sure you do.... do they want to see one and where do you get it and how much? if it is in ensanada then it isn't about them getting any money, they won't... no one is going to go all that way to buy one. What else is it that they want to see? my local registration? proof of insurance? they made $50 bucks off of me this year that they won't next year with out this information made available. to risk $10,000 for $100 piece of paper is stupidity. I am sure there are a lot of people in here that would like to hear the answers to those questions.. even if they don't ask and even some of the ones that I will be hearing shit from for writing this.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Hey Guys!!! Quick note to let you know the Malihini has over 20 Big Yellows at 1:15 with several more hanging and Yellows boiling in the corner!!!
The San Diego has well over 20 Yellows too.

The bite has moved!! Check out Fishdope.com and find out the location of the bite or jump on the phone and call H&M Landing and get on the Malihini TOMORROW!!
DON"T WAIT!! This time of year you need to jump at a momments notice!

THIS IS YOUR NOTICE!!

H&M Landing 1(619) 222-1144

Man how come the Malihini only caught 28 when it was wide open?? I woulda thunk that they were getting them on 80lb and cigarette butts in the corner?? Looks like someone was trying to play catch up too......those boys on the boat with the beautiful fish hold from the landing in the other bay sure have been on top all year......

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Some of you guys are losing sight of what is happening. When was the last time that there was a sustained yellowtail bite at the islands in March?

Well I am glad you said "some" because I am logging that, it is way early with way to cold of water for any bite and is hopefully a sign for a good season coming up... a lot of rat yellows on paddies last year that died needlessly, but these aren't them... even if they are only 10 to 15 and they are a lot of fun to catch using what I use.

JEFF your questions were answered on these posts if you read them carefully, or if you read mine I should say. the San Diego is the best producing boat out there and has been for some time now.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Tonight...Wind W 10 kt...Becoming S after midnight. Wind waves
3 ft in the evening...Becoming 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 4 to
5 ft at 10 seconds and SW 3 ft at 17 seconds.
.Fri...Wind SE 10 kt in the morning...Becoming variable less than
10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 5 ft at
10 seconds and SW 3 ft at 16 seconds.
.Fri night...Wind variable less than 10 kt...Becoming S 10 kt
after midnight. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 4 ft
at 11 seconds and SW 3 ft at 15 seconds.[/FONT]

there is the weather on the water... no sign of fog but why worry about that, if you are going on one of the sporties you are in a big boat with radar and a proven record of experience. you now how to swim right? just kidding, it wouldn't matter with a water temp like that anyway.

I don't see anything about fog, but you better take some good sea sick meds with good size swell from both directions you might be glad you did.

taker some meds and go on the San Diego.... take some fresh line and some good yo yo jigs and let us know how you did. good luck

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
how many rods would you guys suggest on taking? 3 too many?
NOT to me it isn't... but I don't fish the cattle boats. I would say that is okay, see what others say

Upvote 0

Aliikai17

May 6, 2012
Kona Hawaii
Name
Pat
Boat
Less now
I am not trying to be an asshole, I am serious. I am sure they are published, the question is where? Where can you go and get the real deal,accurate up to date info? doing a search on the web gives you a ton of different answers, calling the local people and it is like they don't know what you are talking about. I am sure I am not alone... where can you get the honest to God latest, accurate, up to date information?

I think the majority of people share my opinion

it's not about the money, i think the Mexicans should make money just like everyone else. Hell they charge less of an out of the country fishing lic than you pay for a res. ca.fishing lic, and an out of state ca. lic, is three times that amount

they don't make a cent on your passport, even though I paid way to much for mine, I got it because you have to have one to get a visa, but still it wasn't because of the Mexicans or what they might do if you didn't have one, it was because of fucking homeland security and their power tripping agents. if you call and ask the local consulate they will tell you that you don't need one, i know you do to leave and get back into this country so I am sure you do.... do they want to see one and where do you get it and how much? if it is in ensanada then it isn't about them getting any money, they won't... no one is going to go all that way to buy one. What else is it that they want to see? my local registration? proof of insurance? they made $50 bucks off of me this year that they won't next year with out this information made available. to risk $10,000 for $100 piece of paper is stupidity. I am sure there are a lot of people in here that would like to hear the answers to those questions.. even if they don't ask and even some of the ones that I will be hearing shit from for writing this.

Agree!!!! They can't fish here!

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Agree!!!! They can't fish here!

Sometimes I am a little slow on the up take, but I don't understand your replay. could you explain? You mean the Mexicans are saying we can't fish there.

This is how it seems, and I couldn't blame them if that's what it is... maybe I am just a little to much straight-up up front say what is on my mind and being politically correct is a bullshit saying for pussies. But if that is how it is then why not just say so. All the Mexicans that I know are more like me and not the politically correct pussy... so I just assumed that is how they are.
Either way they are hurting themselves financially.

Upvote 0

hmk4272

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2009
fullerton
Name
ken
Boat
in the future
I heard, realistically, almost all of those fish were closer to 15-20#s. Still nice, though. Can't anyone ever get accurate weights?

I was on Mission Belle Wednesday and we caught 8 YT. They are in between #20 -#30 range. One I caught was #25 and biggest was #28. But nothing under #20.

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Some of you guys are losing sight of what is happening. When was the last time that there was a sustained yellowtail bite at the islands in March?

This is a sustained bite ? its hit and miss and i'll guess by the weekend it will be miss more than hit.I hope im wrong,im gonna fish the islands for the first time in quite a few years.

Upvote 0

hmk4272

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2009
fullerton
Name
ken
Boat
in the future
how many rods would you guys suggest on taking? 3 too many?
We caught 2 on bait, 1 on surface iron, and hooked about 10 on yo yo irons and landed 5. My suggestion 3 is just right. 1 yoyo stick(40-50 lb) 1 jig stick 1 bait rod. Doubled up yoyo stick if you have extra rod it won't hurt you.

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Buncha fuckin crybabies.

hit or miss?

not sustained enough for my skill level?

really only 10#ers?

are you sure we don't need visas?

Stay home on the net, ladies, it's safer and the fish are bigger and always bite.

:hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Upvote 0

vilters

chucker
Jan 28, 2004
Visit site
Name
steve
Boat
yes
of course danny is pimping fish dope. he's a moderator on a free access website. they have to make some money somehow. if you don't want to pay, then don't. thanks for the info. either way, sounds like GREAT fishing, and time to gooooooooo!

Upvote 0

spike

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
WOW,
Public forums what can you say, anybody can post, and some of these replies are absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Smudge

Moderate
Mar 11, 2005
Hollywood, FL
www.sandiego-sportfishing.com
Name
Matt
Boat
I'm just a deckhand...
You guys can fuck up a football. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Now I know how the bible verse "Jesus Wept" came about.
He once owned a fishing website, & read replies like this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.