RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
Late report so I'll keep this one short & to the point.

Launched out of SD bay at 5am on Friday with my buddies Austin (plattas son) & Cameron on board. Got a little bit of a late start due to the line at the bait dock. Headed down south to our zone, and pulled up on some numbers we had fished last week. Found them on sonar right away. Got the chum line going and it was steady fishing from then on out. Drifted all day with the engine off on this school of Yellowfin. Called in a couple of our buddies in the area and before you knew it everyone was hanging fish -- Wide open drift party! We made our buddy Cameron eat his first tuna heart, which is always entertaining to say the least. Had a hook pull on one fish as it was swimming away and still stuck it with the gaff. Great day on the water with flat calm conditions & no shortage of laughs.

This particular school would not eat the artificial baits...all our fish were caught on #1 hooks, 15# or 20# line, and a fired up sardine. Keep the chum line going but don't over do it. Ended the day with limits of yellowfin and a few skippies for lobster bait. Tight lines!

Check out the highlight video from our trip:

IMG_4419.jpg
IMG_4414.jpg
IMG_2598.jpg

Last edited:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Try as hard as I can and I've never had that much fun fishing for Trout!

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

T Shark

Jun 15, 2007
So Cal
Name
Michael
Boat
My Medication
Cool vid! Thanks for the report

Yella1

So Fishy
Aug 24, 2017
San Diego, CA
Name
Jarrod
Boat
Pay to Play
Nice work getting limits on Friday, man. My buddy and I were out on Friday in the same area on two different boats. Marked fish all day, but VERY few biters. You found the hungry school, I think!! Way to go!!

Reactions: RideMX4life21

noslow64

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 1, 2015
La Mesa
Name
Derek
Boat
sold it
I was like ,noooooo :eek:, then yeaaaaa :lux:on the gaff snag, bad ass video

Reactions: RideMX4life21

RideMX4life21

Slay'n Tail
Nov 27, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
2018 Parker 2320
Thanks for calling us in on that bite !! You guys are a stand-up crew for sure !! We gotta a couple at another spot, but it was my son's first trip offshore and he was begging to go with the boys. Your call-in saved the day ! How sick was that gaff shot !! :appl:

View attachment 968440 View attachment 968442
No problem brotha, always fun fishing with ya! Humble & greatful we all got on them. Dude...we were all stoked to see your boy pullin on those tunas. Fires me up seeing the next generation take the helm, doesn’t seem like it was all that long ago we were in his shoes!

plattas son

Jan 18, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Austin
Boat
22' Pro Sport WA