Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
WTF is wrong with people talking $hit about Dan? He is a nice guy who helps kids. Whether you like his show or not, don’t put the guy down. He gives more of his time and money to help others than 99.9% of us.
Thank you for the support....

Upvote 0

Bubba

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 6, 2004
Pismo Beach
Name
Bubba
Boat
18' Trophy
WTF is wrong with people talking $hit about Dan? He is a nice guy who helps kids. Whether you like his show or not, don’t put the guy down. He gives more of his time and money to help others than 99.9% of us.

I've fished with him and been to his Kids fishing foundation events, good stuff. No idea what that Douche Bags sitonmyface problem is but he needs to stop flippin his lips.

Reactions: sitonmyface
Upvote 0

Hector Romo

Aug 21, 2006
West Hills
Name
Hector Romo
Boat
23, Mako ,El Torito
I was on this trip and can tell you it was wide open! Dan didnt take any hook and handoffs as was referred by Brandon. If anything, Dan helped others catch more fish.The reason the fish were on the deck is because we caught so many fish that the crew couldn't keep up and put them in the fishhold. The crew was awesome, best crew I have ever seen! My son caught his first tuna on this trip and I will definatly take my family on Dans trips again

Reactions: 500BBC and Bubba
Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
I was on this trip and can tell you it was wide open! Dan didnt take any hook and handoffs as was referred by Brandon. If anything, Dan helped others catch more fish.The reason the fish were on the deck is because we caught so many fish that the crew couldn't keep up and put them in the fishhold. The crew was awesome, best crew I have ever seen! My son caught his first tuna on this trip and I will definatly take my family on Dans trips again
Thank you Hector.

Upvote 0

MurdaJ

May 23, 2018
OC
Name
JDawg
Boat
BayWitch II
Back before the BD days...

I met you once Dan. I was about 14, with my fishing buddy down at Daveys locker. We knew who you were, and being the buttholes that we were (to this day I still have a couple of VHS's of yours,) , proceeded to purposefully call you Don Fernadez and troll you when you innocently asked how our fishing had been. You took it all in stride and were nothing but a nice guy to us two teenage shitstains. Now, 15 years later, I gotta say that you're a good guy in my book.

Shitonyourface: I was 14 at the time, what's your excuse?

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Back before the BD days...

I met you once Dan. I was about 14, with my fishing buddy down at Daveys locker. We knew who you were, and being the buttholes that we were (to this day I still have a couple of VHS's of yours,) , proceeded to purposefully call you Don Fernadez and troll you when you innocently asked how our fishing had been. You took it all in stride and were nothing but a nice guy to us two teenage shitstains. Now, 15 years later, I gotta say that you're a good guy in my book.

Shitonyourface: I was 14 at the time, what's your excuse?
Thank you for telling me about that....

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Nice Dan, You are a good man. Great times and nice trip. Big props for all the children you have helped over many decades, inspired, and made thier day. Stoking out the parents also. Fueling the fishing industry in a positive way.

The legend is a great fishing platform. Last trip was a 3 day along time ago with Towbridge. All you want jumbo albacore. That year was straight jumbos 25-50lbers. Around 2004

We fish very different but I respect him and the good he has done

One of his shows fishing shallow water rockfish was out of San Pedro. I only knew about deep drops with 3lb weights back then and dacron with a rod rail plate. I was around 10 years old and got sea sick the last deep drop trip. That's a long grind back to the surface for a sea sick 10 year old. And I thought rockfish and lings looked really cool and I liked catching them and wanted to see more of them. He is the first person to make me aware about shallow water rockfish and how much fun it is and that 3lb weights are not necessary to catch them. Including a wider variety of rockfish which are found shallow and not deep. Started fishing winter Coronado island trips on the malihini for rockfish with Hal at the helm in much shallower water. I now like saltwater bass gear with spectra for swr with a swimbait

I was lucky to grow up with great folks and fishing buddy's with nice folks. Drop us off at the landing and pick us up after the trip. Every weekend. Not all children are as fortunate so its awesome when someone helps get kids out on the water. Btw growing up, I washed the dinner dishes Sunday-Thursdays, Washed both parents car weekly, and watered the front and back yard by hand weekly to earn my allowance to go fishing.

When I was 12 and my best fishing buddy was 13 Dan let us help out at the Fred Hall Show in Del Mar. Just a few hours but it felt really good and boosted our confidence.

I first tried lawrys because of Dan.

Then as I entered my mid teenage years I thought I was to cool for Dans over all style. I was wrong :) he helped me without even knowing it. More then I ever helped him. Lit a fishing fire inside of me watching sportboat action on TV. There was NO fishing social media or YouTube fishing vids to watch. TV old school style. Magazines were, WON, Saltwater Sportsman, Sport Fishing. Then Dan on TV

He's helping children. Its not dorky. Its sweet and helpful is how most mature fisherman precieve it

Have caught nice ocean black snook on the bomber bucktails. With a 3" big hammer trailer. The hair needs to be attached better though :)

Best wishes dude

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubba and steveooo
Upvote 0

barracuda2001

May 14, 2009
CULVER CITY ZIP 90230
Name
gary smith
Boat
80 FOOT NORTH COAST BARRACUDA
YES FFM TIP PERMIT FOR BOAT MEX INSURANCE MEX FISHING LIC AND MEX RADIO TELIPONE LIC AND PASSPORT THE HICK UP IS FFM MUST BE STAMPED TO BE LEAGAL UNLESS YOU ARE ON A LANDING BOAT ! MORE REQUIREMENTS TO FOLLOW SOON GOOD LUCK SMITTY OUT

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
Nice Dan, You are a good man. Great times and nice trip. Big props for all the children you have helped over many decades, inspired, and made thier day. Stoking out the parents also. Fueling the fishing industry in a positive way.

The legend is a great fishing platform. Last trip was a 3 day along time ago with Towbridge. All you want jumbo albacore. That year was straight jumbos 25-50lbers. Around 2004

One of his shows fishing shallow water rockfish was out of San Pedro. I only knew about deep drops with 3lb weights back then and dacron with a rod rail plate. I was around 10 years old and got sea sick the last deep drop trip. That's a long grind back to the surface for a sea sick 10 year old. And I thought rockfish and lings looked really cool and I liked catching them and wanted to see more of them. He is the first person to make me aware about shallow water rockfish and how much fun it is and that 3lb weights are not necessary to catch them. Including a wider variety of rockfish which are found shallow and not deep. Started fishing winter Coronado island trips on the malihini for rockfish with Hal at the helm in much shallower water. I now like saltwater bass gear with spectra for swr with a swimbait

I was lucky to grow up with great folks and fishing buddy's with nice folks. Drop us off at the landing and pick us up after the trip. Every weekend. Not all children are as fortunate so its awesome when someone helps get kids out on the water. Btw growing up, I washed the dinner dishes Sunday-Thursdays, Washed both parents car weekly, and watered the front and back yard by hand weekly to earn my allowance to go fishing.

When I was 12 and my best fishing buddy was 13 Dan let us help out at the Fred Hall Show in Del Mar. Just a few hours but it felt really good and boosted our confidence.

Then as I entered my mid teenage years I thought I was to cool for Dans over all style. I was wrong :) he helped me without even knowing it. More then I ever helped him. Lit a fishing fire inside of me watching sportboat action on TV. There was NO fishing social media or YouTube fishing vids to watch. TV old school style. Magazines were, WON, Saltwater Sportsman, Sport Fishing. Then Dan on TV

He's helping children. Its not dorky. Its sweet and helpful is how most mature fisherman precieve it

Have caught nice ocean black snook on the bomber bucktails. With a 3" big hammer trailer. The hair needs to be attached better though :)

Best wishes dude

Thank you very much, for all the kind words.....

Reactions: ZZZZZ
Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno

Best wishes dude

Thank you very much, for all the kind words.....

Upvote 0

myguyver

Feb 15, 2011
FLAGSTAFF ARIZONA
Name
LARRY
Boat
BUZZ
Am I missing something? In almost all of the party boat pics with "epic fishing" headlines, all I see are decked fish, baking themselves in the glare of the elements. Do any of the charters offer proper fish care? Hopefully these have been kept in a cooler and are just out for the filleting party. Can't believe that the quality of these fish can last much inside the surf line on return.
Thank you. Also when you see all the fish on the deck like this, it only happens after a wide open bite and the fishing action is so hot that the crew has no time to drop the fish in the fish hold tank. After after this picture was taken all the fish where dropped in the hole.
thanks for the information. I would have thought and hoped that was the case. Makes a lot of sense.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
On this episode of the galley we have magic metal yellowtail deep fried with cheezit crust dipped in sweet and sour dipping saucebieber

Upvote 0

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
1984 Cobalt DV 18.5
Dan, thank you for all you have done and are still doing for the fishing community, and it's future by engaging the kids to fish. You have my respect for sure.

Reactions: pacificscout
Upvote 0

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
We have our monthly free kids fishing club meeting this coming Saturday at Legg Lake, these are always on the 3rd Saturday of each month and they are always free.
Thx, Dan. My kids much prefer the salt. I found your trip schd, so maybe we’ll see you some time.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.