Why Westport has 5 days a week salmon!

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Genie Aye, Jul 23, 2018.

1. silver slayer

silver slayer I've posted enough I should'nt have to edit this

Name:
    Josh
    Boat:
    25' starcraft expedition
    Pretty sure we already have someone who doesn't kiss their ass on the council.

Duramax2500 and Genie Aye like this.
  2. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies The guy that makes the glass stuff

Name:
    Garrett
    Boat:
    21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
    Actually, the commercial trollers were on our side and asked for a 7 day fishery as well. They kicked down part of their coho quota to us to keep the sport fishery open longer last year. The bullshit about livelihoods and the town of Westport 'surviving' on the salmon season is just that. Utter bullshit.

The real issue is how much quota we keep leaving. If we don't catch them (and we haven't) the tribes will, and demand a bigger slice of the Chinook quota in coming years. And they'll get it, too.

Those charter guys are shooting themselves in the foot, but just like the loggers who bitched about the spotted owl, they are to ingrained in their standard operating practices to see that their way of life is changing. You get this 'I remember when Westport had x number of charters, where'd they all go? They lost out to the increase of private boaters.. And with hundreds of us and 15-20 of them, I still can't see why we are getting the shit-shaft. Oh right. It's because a bunch of us are just bitching on the internet.

I went to that same meeting in Westport with Chris and others. What we said may have fallen on deaf ears, but we have to keep saying it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  3. Genie Aye

Genie Aye FISH BOSS

Name:
    Cap't Paul
    Boat:
    V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
    This whole statement is frickin hilarious, obviously you do not know jack about who is doing what or who is in bed with who.
    Ignorant statements like that should be kept in your head and not spoken...cause it shows your knowledge level, uninformed and clueless ...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Jeffsk7 and Corey G like this.
  4. BugeaterInWa

BugeaterInWa Fear the Corn

Name:
    Matt
    Boat:
    Boulton
    I do not think your being completely honest here.
    Its the big picture... you are specifically (I think) talking about MA2 and Salmon. Im fairly positive that PSA and the charter boat owners that primarily fish in the Puget Sound are in bed together as is CCA. Im not going to get into how or why I think or know this but Im very confident in my understanding of these issues.
    So if your in "bed" with one area, you really are in bed in all areas. There are meetings that happen where all membership is not privy. A lot of times what is discussed and agreed to in those meetings are in fact what turns out to be our seasons hence the showing up and no one caring about your voices is happening cause the decision was in fact already determined prior to the public meeting with wdfw.
    Several years ago I was pissed off at what I had heard. Brought it up here, late at night. Someone starting arguing with me about it. I never mentioned parties or names, just what was stated. They outed themselves and had a tantrum and said "if you can do better, go to the meeting" I asked for the address, time, etc., and showed up. I strait up in no confusing language told wdfw they were screwing over the largest user group and preventing them from enjoying the outdoors and natural resources and they actually did make changes for the better. It was like I had to remind wdfw of people with kids, jobs, etc. Of course since I work and can not go to every meeting, they have since reverted back to the same practices.
    My stance, the charter fleet ought to purchase from the commercial and be removed from the rec quota. If you are fishing for a living (charter) you are a commercial fisher.

5. LJB

LJB Down Fur-Lined Avenue

Name:
    ain't no cunthead
    Boat:
    68 Bellboy
    Charters are just taking sport fishers to the fish,, Thread started off about why the hell screw the weekend sport guys in just one area,,,

6. KimH

KimH Someday I'll live the dream.

Name:
    Kim
    Boat:
    26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
    So what you guys are saying is I might get a chance to actually fish for some salmon this year for a change. Flying out of Adak on the 1st, home early the 2nd. Flights are Saturday and Wednesday. I just can't make it in soon enough to get the Saturday flight so it's a few days of boredom in a ghost town or more like the twilight zone.
    I sure hope the salmon politicks gets their head out of their ass and at least allow the early season king fishery that we had a few years ago. That was fun. I'm not sure if I'm understanding why that was chopped.

Genie Aye likes this.
  7. LJB

LJB Down Fur-Lined Avenue

Name:
    ain't no cunthead
    Boat:
    68 Bellboy
    Think was the low projections for Cali mostly

FishPimpII likes this.
  8. Genie Aye

Genie Aye FISH BOSS

Name:
    Cap't Paul
    Boat:
    It was the charters thay kept us out of that fishery as well, afraid we would use up "their" quota...

9. Bill Ryan

Bill Ryan Newbie

Name:
    Bill Ryan
    Boat:
    Willie Drifter
    Curious if you would feel the same if the King's actually showed up in June like they usually do and the Silver fishing was good?
    Curious how Mark, Darrell, and the other 6 packs feel about your comments.

10. Walker Inc.

Walker Inc. I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Patrick Walker
    Boat:
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    I side with Paul. 5 days a week is bullshit. They can’t even fill their boats. I was in town today. Half were at the dock. Another year of not hitting king quota and watching the Indians net them in the river.

It’s really hard to ask for more when you don’t use what your given. A few years of hitting the quota would help everybody.

We need a June king fishery!

11. Genie Aye

Genie Aye FISH BOSS

Name:
    Cap't Paul
    Boat:
    Mark, Darrell, Kerry and Patrick are not in the charter association, know your facts please.

Yes, i have no problem with a king only season, like most others, the june king fishery is the best, not keeping cohos, no prob.

Fireball, goatram and Duramax2500 like this.
  12. goatram

goatram Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest

Name:
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat:
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    From What I heard the Charter Association made some rules up to keep them out.

CCA Management are not our friends either.

13. WSU

WSU Member

Name:
    unknown
    Boat:
    none
    What part of cca management and why?

14. goatram

goatram Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest

Name:
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat:
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    CCA has been Quiet and kept all of their agenda close to their Chest. TexASS Boys, Them Boys Run the Show, Collect The Money, Dictate the Agenda to State, Has Gone Behind the State Board of PSA and tried to throw monkey wrenches into the workings. Their Lobbyist has been caught in lies in his dealings with WDFW. Go to a meeting and ask for what their agenda is. Ask someone that has been with them since 2009 and see if they know and if they will let you in on the Secret Agenda. You will get Silence, Crickets, Cockroaches scatter faster when the light turns on.

We Don't need a Bunch of TexASS Whodats pushing the Conservation of Red Drum to save our Salmon. Go back and look in some of the threads from the fall of 2009. Since the Fall of 2009 The PSA has stepped up and went from a Fishing Club to a Fishing Club that is fighting the Politics of Fish for US in Washington State. I will not support them in anyway ever again. I am a member of 3 PSA Chapters.

Good Day!!!

15. Bill Ryan

Bill Ryan Newbie

Name:
    Bill Ryan
    Boat:
    Willie Drifter
    They may choose to not be in the association but play in the same pool as others taking sport fisherman on their days off to go have fun.

Kitsap Fish hunter likes this.
  16. Swede

Swede Yachtless

Name:
    Swede
    Boat:
    Kristen Lee
    It's NOT a choice.

Cohoho, FINATIC 21 and Genie Aye like this.
  17. Genie Aye

Genie Aye FISH BOSS

Name:
    Cap't Paul
    Boat:
    First, The charter association of Westport made a rule to keep them out, was not there choice!
    Second, i am friends with all of them and they backed 7 days and the early king fishery.

FishPimpII and FINATIC 21 like this.
  18. Walker Inc.

Walker Inc. I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Patrick Walker
    Boat:
    33 ft. Coldwater Walkaround
    Bill when I started 3 years ago, I wanted to join. I was basically told my boat was:

1. Unsafe
    2. No stand up head
    3. 36” minimum gunnell/rail height.

I can tell you this, and you have been out with me. My boat is safer than A LOT of the antiquated dinosaurs in the fleet. Has more safety equipment(life raft, sat phone, AED, AIS etc) , and a gunnel height of 35”. Not a rail, a gunnel! ALL THE WAY AROUND.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Corey G, RazorJack, LJB and 5 others like this.
  19. Bill Ryan

Bill Ryan Newbie

Name:
    Bill Ryan
    Boat:
    Willie Drifter
    I didn't realize they are trying to keep you little pricks out. I get the frustration about not being able to chase the silly Salmon on Fri/Sat and can only imagine they planned for better fishing and an emergency opener may be just around the corner.

20. Hunter Dan

Hunter Dan I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    MUGWUMP
    This thread should be locked.