Dexter Outdoors

COSDoug

Nov 23, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO.
Name
Doug
Boat
Hobie Kayak
It occurs to me that too many times people have to pass before they get to know how special they are or have been to others. Nice things are said at the funeral service but by then it's a little late, at least for the departed. I'm sure most everyone who has been long range has been blown away by someone who helped them, mentored them or was just plain nice because that's just who they are. Why not give credit where credit is due and give tribute to someone who left such a huge impression on you ? No doubt, they and / or their families would love to hear it. I'll start.....
About 5 years ago I went on a 5 day aboard the Intrepid. It was a Catchy Tackle trip. On board was a guy who claimed that nowadays he was just a 'rep' for Catchy Tackle. His name....Wayne Martin. Wayne didn't fish much, a little here and there, but nobody was having as much fun as Wayne. He would wander around deck, starting conversations, cracking jokes, a real morale booster. A true sportsman and a fine gentleman. He was the kind of guy you just wanted to be around. Very approachable, always sharing tips, telling stories that would draw a crowd and tales that would keep you hanging on to every word. A real man's man. Dude is a stud. Dang if he couldn't tell jokes that would have everyone in stiches. The highlight of my trip and what I remember most about the voyage was what happened the last night. As I entered the galley for dinner Wayne stood up and asked me if I would join him for dinner. I was awe struck. A huge somebody like Wayne asking nobody me to enjoy dinner with him. After I got my tongue off the galley floor and back in my mouth we had a fabulous dinner with Wayne being Wayne, telling jokes and tales that had surrounding tables listening in, hanging on every word. I'll never forget Wayne, he left me with a lasting impression I'll always remember. Such a gentleman. I sure hope he will see this post and if not his son should be real proud his dad left such an solid impression on so many people. My thanks to the Martin family.
Doug
intrepid 003.JPG

intrepid 024.JPG

Upvote 0

sierraazuel

Saving World From Skynet
  • Jul 3, 2009
    3rd Rock from The Sun
    Name
    Drew P. Balls
    Boat
    Thunder Bolt Grease Slapper
    It occurs to me that too many times people have to pass before they get to know how special they are or have been to others. Nice things are said at the funeral service but by then it's a little late, at least for the departed. I'm sure most everyone who has been long range has been blown away by someone who helped them, mentored them or was just plain nice because that's just who they are. Why not give credit where credit is due and give tribute to someone who left such a huge impression on you ? No doubt, they and / or their families would love to hear it. I'll start.....
    About 5 years ago I went on a 5 day aboard the Intrepid. It was a Catchy Tackle trip. On board was a guy who claimed that nowadays he was just a 'rep' for Catchy Tackle. His name....Wayne Martin. Wayne didn't fish much, a little here and there, but nobody was having as much fun as Wayne. He would wander around deck, starting conversations, cracking jokes, a real morale booster. A true sportsman and a fine gentleman. He was the kind of guy you just wanted to be around. Very approachable, always sharing tips, telling stories that would draw a crowd and tales that would keep you hanging on to every word. A real man's man. Dude is a stud. Dang if he couldn't tell jokes that would have everyone in stiches. The highlight of my trip and what I remember most about the voyage was what happened the last night. As I entered the galley for dinner Wayne stood up and asked me if I would join him for dinner. I was awe struck. A huge somebody like Wayne asking nobody me to enjoy dinner with him. After I got my tongue off the galley floor and back in my mouth we had a fabulous dinner with Wayne being Wayne, telling jokes and tales that had surrounding tables listening in, hanging on every word. I'll never forget Wayne, he left me with a lasting impression I'll always remember. Such a gentleman. I sure hope he will see this post and if not his son should be real proud his dad left such an solid impression on so many people. My thanks to the Martin family.
    Doug
    View attachment 1026210

View attachment 1026211

X2 on Wayne Martin! AkA Sunshine!

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Great guy.... Here is a story about Wayne..... So I fished with him on a 15 day trip on the Intrepid.... about 3 weeks after the trip UPS have a delivery for me..... Its a soda pop clock from Wayne. I was blown away.... that soda pop clocks is in my movie theater and I always smile when I look at the clock. Truly an amazing guy. I miss fishing with him. A truly GREAT GUY!!

Upvote 0

caveman

Almost A Member
    May 1, 2006
    windsor,ca
    Name
    charles boyd
    Boat
    20 ft. jetcraft,ciocc
    I've been lucky enough to fish with him on a couple of Catchy Tackle trips. Always a gentleman, seemed to always be around, always have the right thing to say. He pulled me out of a funk after having a bad afternoon once with just a few words of encouragement.

Reactions: sierraazuel
    Upvote 0