plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
None of this will matter if CDFW get its way by closing recreational fishing down...

I think that's more about delaying opening dates for fisheries that are seasonal and have closures anyway.If it's about all fishing we can probably thank those that have boats in a slip and are going out anyway.

Upvote 0

L.A.City626

Jul 24, 2017
Southern California
Name
William
Boat
The Capitola Brown
Well Trunk777 not sure how you came up with people suck dick every day from car crash correlation, but I believe the point of the post was to show how we as a society are dealing with this pandemic. Verses how we go out and drive our cars everyday even with the danger that represents.
There is also a much longer view to this situation that everyone needs to also realize. The economic impact this virus has on the United States and for that matter the world will not be realized for many years to come. What happens come May 1, 2020? Is everything going to go back to normal? NO, because we do not have a cure for this virus. There will be long reaching economic affects form shutting down the country the way it has been. While I do support shutting things down we all need to realize this is not going to just stop come May 1, 2020. Until there is a cure this is going to go on.
I don't think anyone can figure out how he came up with that comment, which I thought was funny by the way. But, trying to explain common sense to someone like that is a waste of time. Words of knowledge bounce right off a sloped forehead. Honestly letting certain people succumb to something quite obviously dangerous to most people helps our species get stronger. Authorities are responsible for public safety because of lawsuits.(caution signs/rules) but even money can't fix stupid. And by the way, some people care so much about others that they sign up to SAVE people they don't know.

Upvote 0

salty nuts

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jun 2, 2004
    Camarillo
    Name
    Tim Mohawk
    Boat
    25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
    I think that's more about delaying opening dates for fisheries that are seasonal and have closures anyway.If it's about all fishing we can probably thank those that have boats in a slip and are going out anyway.

They are looking at closing it down and yeah because of people not following the stay at home order! Guys were getting slips last week thinking they could be the wise guys. So they take out 4 friends and fuck it all up! STAY AT HOME so we can get this over with

Upvote 0

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
  • May 27, 2015
    SD
    Name
    Donnie D
    Boat
    FINBOMB
    Well the meeting isnt until tomorrow and we got about 4-6 hours of no rain here in Dana Pt. I'm outta here. I'll be the guy on the water in a kayak AND NOT AT THE MARKET!

Reactions: bottomdweller
    Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
    Sep 30, 2009
    SAN DIEGO
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    35 Cabo Express
    My boat is full of fuel, don't need ice or burritos, I just want to launch my boat at shelter island and hopefully catch a yellow. Open the launch ramp and let me go fishing !
    If you have a Commercial Fishing licence it is open to you for Commercial Fishing purposes only not meaning Commercial charter operation ...THAT IS ON THE PORT OF San Diego's WEB SITE

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
    Jul 19, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    uh huh sure...

NYC started 2 days before us

As of Friday(4-3) morning,

there are 215 coronavirus-associated deaths in California (population 40 million),

and 2,373 in New York (population 20 million).

Wrong! NYC was 3 days after CA and almost a week after SF.

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Grady White Gulfstream 232
    If people are going down this route of getting commercial licenses just to go fishing they better bring the product and sell it. Not for your own personal food consumption.

Find it ridiculous that our commercial fleet whom are doing this for a livelihood have to deal with knuckle head fisherman because they can’t get a line wet recreationally. Idiots will be idiots I guess. I’m sure the commercial guys will chime in and tell you to F Off on these forums soon.

Upvote 0

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Chachi
    Boat
    None
    If people are going down this route of getting commercial licenses just to go fishing they better bring the product and sell it. Not for your own personal food consumption.

Find it ridiculous that our commercial fleet whom are doing this for a livelihood have to deal with knuckle head fisherman because they can’t get a line wet recreationally. Idiots will be idiots I guess. I’m sure the commercial guys will chime in and tell you to F Off on these forums soon.
    So they better add seafood to an already oversaturated market and lower prices further to help those og commercial guys who are getting crushed by the current seafood prices? Seems logical

Upvote 0

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
    Long Beach
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Grady White Gulfstream 232
    So they better add seafood to an already oversaturated market and lower prices further to help those og commercial guys who are getting crushed by the current seafood prices? Seems logical

You’re already competing with the commercial fleet at this point for greedy purposes and trying to find loop holes because you can’t fish recreationally. May as well sell it and piss em off even more and go all in.

Upvote 0

kf6cmp

"Guido"
    Mar 31, 2006
    Serra Mesa
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    24 ft Skipjack FB
    The city knows you knuckle heads are cheap and would take your buddies fishing to save on fuel bait, and beer. They would have to verify everyone on each boat lives together to follow statewide covid guidelines. Not happening.
    Do they do this in stores?? How far are we willing to go??

Reactions: E1 Toro
    Upvote 0

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Chachi
    Boat
    None
    We are about to have a pork shortage with the largest supplier closing. Tyson chicken is about to close. Yet we banned one of the most effective ways to get meat without needing hundreds packed in a factory

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Sep 8, 2004
    Fullerton
    Name
    SM
    Boat
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I’ve launched and drift fished the Bitterroot River 3x since the shelter in place, social distancing rules have been put in place. Fishing still allowed up here in Montana. I feel sorry for NY, but it is a crowded shithole. Poultry operations know that if they overcrowd the birds, they die.

71174742-5D17-4DB1-86E8-F08943238346.jpeg
    97E1D0A0-43DE-4C54-BB09-06CE80B71489.jpeg

Upvote 0

iamJAY

May 5, 2020
    ca
    Name
    jay
    Boat
    ski
    I understand the serious of it all and dont wana be the death my parents or others. I take all suggested precautions. My heart goes out to those who lost their love to cov.19 and couldn't even be by their side as they passed. I would be next to my wife or in jail as result of trying to do so. Could not imagine that kind of pain. I know i couldn't handle that. I wana go for a boat ride too. But if i had to go threw that, i'd rather just set my boat on fire and lay in it. To cancel life because of the fear of death sucks. no one wins.

Upvote 0