Why no Fish reports from Bodega or Ft Braggs

mc08066

Jan 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Jimmy Greene
Boat
kayak
3 pretty good days of good weather, light wind offshore which is a rarity, water temps of 60 to 64 degrees and not one report especially for albis. You have got to be kidding. It not like Southern California where there would be 100 boats on the numbers if you said it. Please share.
Thanks

threewaves

Yellowtail
Feb 1, 2014
Nor Cal - Bay Area
Name
Dave
Boat
Pursuit 2870
Every day that the weather allows, boats are getting out and getting albies out of Fort Bragg. Not much going on out of Bodega or SF Gate. A few boats have tried the Gumdrop / Pioneer and behind the islands to no avail. All good fishing has been Bragg and north. Been going on for many weeks now. Unfortunately for 5-7 days at a time the wind window slams the door shut then we get 1-2-3 days to go then 5-7 off again. This weekend looks ok, but monday/tuesday starting to look much better, but you never know up there. Things change quickly.

Reactions: marlyn and Tifoso

tylas

Dec 25, 2016
Lodi
Name
Ty Laskowski
Boat
2601 striper dual 150 2stroke yammies 18ft gator trax
If we have a decent weather window I'm planning on making the trip up there either Sunday or Monday

craigsl

Aug 29, 2017
Nor Cal
Name
Craig
Boat
Trophy
3 pretty good days of good weather, light wind offshore which is a rarity, water temps of 60 to 64 degrees and not one report especially for albis. You have got to be kidding. It not like Southern California where there would be 100 boats on the numbers if you said it. Please share.
Thanks
I went out of Fort Bragg yesterday (Monday the 28th) Went out 35 miles 62 degree water and didn't even get a bite. I think the bite was at least 45 miles out.

brokeass boater

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 23, 2010
Norcal's Brentwood
Name
Gregg
Boat
24' Skipjack w/Pilothouse, 21' Marada, 15' Boston Whaler
The reports are on more localized forums, HTC, ( Humboldt Tuna Club ) and a few others. Numbers are shared with good detailed reports. Over all its been decent for most to plugged for a few. Having a Wx window is key, it changes damn near over night and Nooa sucks for that area, its better to have a couple of Wx sites that's been reliable for you. The grade has been small as a average, we're hoping this changes soon. I'm not complaining, beats having to tow to Coos Bay for Albies, happy to have them close to home again,,,gregg

mc08066

Jan 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Jimmy Greene
Boat
kayak
Greg thank you for sharing. Your comments are helpful especially for being newer to this area.

eliner

Aug 10, 2008
PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
Name
DAVID
Boat
E-LINER
I tried for the 3rd time out of monterey Friday Water to greenish to far off shore. I got albacore 7/4 and none last two trips. Water changed for the worst.
Bragg is the only game now as far as I am concerend

Aug 7, 2012
Santa Cruz CA USA
Name
Bobby
Boat
Still n the works! Sol catcher
i am hoping someone says the 601 is got fish trapped...if not i am going to look around for a paddy and just see what's there. Looks decent tomorrow before thunderstorm chance.

davedave

Sep 16, 2009
Santa Cruz
Name
Dave
Boat
26' ACB
We looked around on Saturday out of Santa Cruz and found no Tuna.
Beautiful Blue water, some areas with bait down deep.
Went from Weather Buoy, to 36.27/123.07, to 36.40/123.40.
Temperature didn't change more than two degrees over entire trip.
Great day on the water though and good way to beat the heat.