Why is San Diego Bay Closed where LA Bays are not?

Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
Anyone who said that is a moron..
The virus will dictate the timeline and as far as I know it doesnt speak or read a calendar...
We are trying to figure this out by studying this NEW virus but trial and error is part of it.. listening to anyone not in the medical field has people believing all kinds of false things...
Let the pros do their job and quit believing the non scientific bullshit..
Ok fish killer. 100 deaths for covid in diego and the world gets shut down. The more they create arbitrary rules that make no sense the more people will push back. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Reactions: Skeet
Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
What in the flying fuck are u talking about

Fishkiller, on the water,
I appreciate you waiting on signs from the virus. The curve has been flattened which is what we all agreed to do. This thing is burning itself out. Time to loosen restrictions, not tighten.

• San Diego County has experienced a 14-day downward trajectory in the number of people with influenza-like illness (ILI) at local emergency departments. From March 16 to April 15, the percent of emergency department visits for ILI dropped from 10% to 3%.
  • San Diego County must register a downward trajectory of COVID-like syndromic cases reported within a 14-day period. This trend has varied but has been declining in recent days.
  • The number of positive cases of COVID-19 in comparison to the number of tests administered over a 14-day period is in a downward trajectory. Since April 6, San Diego County has experienced a decreasing percentage in positive COVID-19 tests among San Diegans.
  • The local health care system has been able to handle the number of patients needing hospitalization for COVID-19 and other illnesses and diseases. Currently, hospital capacity remains stable.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
Is this based on your vast knowledge of infectious diseases and from discussions with your fellow epidemiologists..?

That’s coming from the county of San Diego, bro. They said that they would have continued to dial back restrictions, if not for the states overarching plan.

Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
They will loosen some restrictions like having some jobs like low risk jobs where you can social distance come back.

They are slowly loosening restrictions but not the beach after people didn’t listen and crowded up over the weekend.

They opened the beaches so you can walk and get exercise and people did more than that so the governor felt he had to close it again. Don’t blame the governor when people couldn’t comply.

That’s like listening to Democrats complain about the electoral college System after they lose an election. You knew the rules before.

It’s like when an employer trusts his employees and a few people betray that trust and the benefit gets taken away from everyone even those who didn’t fuck up.

Want to get mad, get mad at the idiots who lack discipline to stay 6 feet away at the beach. If people would call them out, maybe the beach would still be open.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
They will loosen some restrictions like having some jobs like low risk jobs where you can social distance come back.

They are slowly loosening restrictions but not the beach after people didn’t listen and crowded up over the weekend.

They opened the beaches so you can walk and get exercise and people did more than that so the governor felt he had to close it again. Don’t blame the governor when people couldn’t comply.

That’s like listening to Democrats complain about the electoral college System after they lose an election. You knew the rules before.

It’s like when an employer trusts his employees and a few people betray that trust and the benefit gets taken away from everyone even those who didn’t fuck up.

Want to get mad, get mad at the idiots who lack discipline to stay 6 feet away at the beach. If people would call them out, maybe the beach would still be open.

where did they get the authority determine which jobs/ activities are essential? How many city/ state jobs were determined to be non essential? Surely if health risk was an issue they would have cut proportionally? Show me the data and I’ll shut up.

bro, your not an employee of the state. They work for you AND the swore to uphold the constitution to protect your freedom.

Reactions: queenfish
Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
There is no hard and fast rule for pandemics. The US has a history of exceptions where under emergency circumstance they can temporarily suspend the de facto norm.

Abraham Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus during the Civil War.

We interned Japanese American who were citizens for the good of the USA during WW2.

These were never long term power grabs but they aren’t without precedence.

Reactions: Iron Mike
Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
There is no hard and fast rule for pandemics. The US has a history of exceptions where under emergency circumstance they can temporarily suspend the de facto norm.

Abraham Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus during the Civil War.

We interned Japanese American who were citizens for the good of the USA during WW2.

These were never long term power grabs but they aren’t without precedence.

irrelevant, but a clarifying question. Are you still supporting our usage on interment camps or, in retrospect do you think they exceeded their authority (yes I understand that the us Supreme Court upheld it at the time, but how did that one work out).

Are we discussing the federal governments restricting rights or is this the state of ca? Didn’t I read recently that the AG warned the states to be careful about overstepping their bounds and violating constitutional rights?

Upvote 0

Sloberdog

Almost A Member
Jun 20, 2008
San Diego
Name
Gabe
Boat
SeaPro 206 WAC F150
100% worth your time video, just for the laughs.

3.5 minute video

Yes...the rules imposed on us are just stupid and completely ridiculous. She nails it, or did she drill it..and I would invite her on my boat anytime, but only if she met my requirements, but maybe I would give her an exception, but only if she....this is insane.

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
I’m old enough to remember when they told us not to wear masks because they didn’t help.

And your point being ? This is beyond serious Shit ..............Up to 25% of those who become infected with the coronavirus may not show symptoms. The high percentage of infected yet asymptomatic people could help explain the spread of the coronavirus across the U.S.,

Do you know what that means ?

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none
And your point being ? This is beyond serious Shit ..............Up to 25% of those who become infected with the coronavirus may not show symptoms. The high percentage of infected yet asymptomatic people could help explain the spread of the coronavirus across the U.S.,

What does it mean?

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
What does it mean?
People that are asymptomatic have the virus and do not know it and show no symptoms and can continue to spread it from person to person and not even know it ! This is the largest concerns health professional have of this virus ! My 29 year old son had CV19 his fiance was Asymptomatic CDC is investigating everyone who they both came in contact with to see who gave it to whom ! its a daunting task . this is not a movie its the real thing luckily they both survived the Virus does not care bout age it can infect anyone !

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone

Yeah, it means that a large percentage of the population has been exposed already. Random testing is proving that. If youre in a high risk group, you should not be out, but for a large percentage of the population, it’s not as scary as you imply.

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Yeah, it means that a large percentage of the population has been exposed already. Random testing is proving that. If youre in a high risk group, you should not be out, but for a large percentage of the population, it’s not as scary as you imply.
Yea Ok ,... stupidity at its finest do you know anything about Mutation ?

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
People that are asymptomatic have the virus and do not know it and show no symptoms and can continue to spread it from person to person and not even know it ! This is the largest concerns health professional have of this virus ! My 29 year old son had CV19 his fiance was Asymptomatic CDC is investigating everyone who they both came in contact with to see who gave it to whom ! its a daunting task . this is not a movie its the real thing luckily they both survived the Virus does not care bout age it can infect anyone !

youre correct. It can infect anyone, but it does affect everyone. As a result, the mortality rate is less that projected, by far. Should at risk people stay home? Sure, but knowing what we know, it’s time to adjust, not add restrictions.

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
youre correct. It can infect anyone, but it does affect everyone. As a result, the mortality rate is less that projected, by far. Should at risk people stay home? Sure, but knowing what we know, it’s time to adjust, not add restrictions.
WHAT DONT YOU GET !!! Everyone is at RISK of getting it and spreading it ! Stop the spread and we all go back to normal life ! Geezz YOU CANT STOP THE SPREAD by continuing to go out ! are you a Democrat by chance ?

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
Yea Ok ,... stupidity at its finest do you know anything about Mutation ?
When you can’t prove your point, you turn to insults.

mutations Happen and there are different stains going around. The uglier versions appear to be burning out faster,

next You’re going to go to ”its Not proven that you will get antibodies if you get it, and you could get it multiple times”.

if that’s the case, then we’re right back where we started and there is no sense locking everyone down because it won’t matter. It will affect a portion of the population.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2020
San diego
Name
Mike honcho
Boat
The Rusty Trombone
WHAT DONT YOU GET !!! Everyone is at RISK of getting it and spreading it ! Stop the spread and we all go back to normal life ! Geezz YOU CANT STOP THE SPREAD by continuing to go out ! are you a Democrat by chance ?
Good one. theyve known from the beginning the couldn’t stop the spread because of the points you so clearly articulate. It was all about slowing it to ensure hospitals were not overwhelmed, which they have not been. 50% of the GDP loss was health care. Hospitals in most parts of the country are idle and laying people off.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
Name
Robert
Boat
none
People that are asymptomatic have the virus and do not know it and show no symptoms and can continue to spread it from person to person and not even know it ! This is the largest concerns health professional have of this virus ! My 29 year old son had CV19 his fiance was Asymptomatic CDC is investigating everyone who they both came in contact with to see who gave it to whom ! its a daunting task . It’s is not a movie its the real thing luckily they both survived the Virus does not care bout age it can infect anyone
Glad they are Ok, seriously.
Just curious, when did that happen and does the CDC know how or where they got it?
The virus is novel, it will get everyone exposed to it in a high enough infectious dose.
The problem is there needs to be a balanced approach to being a human again. The governor says they use science to make these policies, but it doesn’t make sense. No scholarly articles have shown any viral transmission of this virus has happened outdoors with social distancing. It’s been statistically demonstrated that cramped up environments where people are exposed to stagnant air from a sick person is where the virus transmission is happening.

I personally believe that the governor has purposely not done serological testing because it will show his plan to burnout the virus in March was instituted too late, by the time they reacted the virus was already widespread and was already being labeled a “bad flu season” in January, when his focus was unfortunately on tweeting about impeachment.

It will show he didn’t protect people like he thought he was doing and thus it will also show because of this our economy was shut down with no health gains made. It would also show that the doom and gloom scenarios they used as a reason for all his plans was actually not true. Thus it would be a huge embarrassment.

And like 3rd world dictator, instead of coming out with truth, they double down on protecting their actions. This goes for all of them, from the Orange in charge, the blood thirsty media that is supposed to be actually doing the work to keep all these assholes in check and yeah even our Governor. All were focused on wrestling with each other, all failed project the people, and continue to do so.

Upvote 0

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Just curious, when did that happen and does the CDC know how or where they got it?
The virus is novel, it will get everyone exposed to it in a high enough infectious dose.
The problem is there needs to be a balanced approach to being a human again. The governor says they use science to make these policies, but it doesn’t make sense. No scholarly articles have shown any viral transmission of this virus has happened outdoors with social distancing. It’s been statistically demonstrated that cramped up environments where people are exposed to stagnant air from a sick person is where the virus transmission is happening.

I personally believe that the governor has purposely not done serological testing because it will show his plan to burnout the virus in March was instituted too late, by the time they reacted the virus was already widespread and was already being labeled a “bad flu season” in January, when his focus was unfortunately on tweeting about impeachment.

It will show he didn’t protect people like he thought he was doing and thus it will also show because of this our economy was shut down with no health gains made. It would also show that the doom and gloom scenarios they used as a reason for all his plans was actually not true. Thus it would be a huge embarrassment.

And like 3rd world dictator, instead of coming out with truth, they double down on protecting their actions. This goes for all of them, from the Orange in charge, the blood thirsty media that is supposed to be actually doing the work to keep all these assholes in check and yeah even our Governor. All were focused on wrestling with each other, all failed project the people, and continue to do so.

Just curious, when did that happen and does the CDC know how or where they got it? They both Are doing well, this all took place from March 21st onto April 2nd ...CDC is still interviewing its a process trying to find the one it all happened here in San Diego

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
Upvote 0

once bit

Oct 17, 2013
Western US
Name
PJ
Boat
baptism
Several places are open, with rules...WHY NOT SAN DIEGO??
ventura launch ramp 001.jpg

Upvote 0

NextMikeSays

Oct 23, 2017
SoCal
Name
Mike
Boat
No boat
irrelevant, but a clarifying question. Are you still supporting our usage on interment camps or, in retrospect do you think they exceeded their authority (yes I understand that the us Supreme Court upheld it at the time, but how did that one work out).

Are we discussing the federal governments restricting rights or is this the state of ca? Didn’t I read recently that the AG warned the states to be careful about overstepping their bounds and violating constitutional rights?

The point is that their is precedence for the government to suspend some normal freedoms we have under emergency situations for the perceived good of the country.

While I believe the US had better ways to monitor the Japanese in WW2, I can understand why they felt it was necessary with the information that they had at the time. Being empathetic is different than being sympathetic. It doesn't mean I support something but can see how someone can come to that conclusion that it's the right thing to do. We have a divided country because many people these days lack the ability to see the issues from both sides.

And yes, there is caution for an overreach but where that line is up to interpretation. Saying you can't go to the beach for another 15 days because of a public health crisis is different than saying we've taken away your right to vote or you can be arrested without probable cause.

Reactions: SouthBayKiller
Upvote 0