aeon

ugh....
Apr 11, 2006
foothill ranch
Name
Bill
Boat
/600hp ls3 powered Airboat
Bow... i am driving up in a couple weeks to the ranch i used to have rights on to try and talk the land owner into letting us back on it. cool place just south of naciamento

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
It's all of the above and then some. A couple of points I didn't see mentioned... The spiritual side. I'll always remember the time I went to pick up a friend of mine to go surfing. I believe I was about 16-17. When we started heading out the door his mom said " aren't you going to church today?" and he said " Yeah mom, but my church is in the water!" I totally relate that to all my outdoor activities. You can really find your soul out there.
Another thing that I love about hunting is how it can make you feel like a kid again. Often when I'm afield, I feel like I'm playing commando. All in camo, sneeking around. It's like being involved a special forces mission.
Also it's really cool being covered in blood, as long as it's not yours. At the end of the day you can sit down with a cocktail and enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
Bow... i am driving up in a couple weeks to the ranch i used to have rights on to try and talk the land owner into letting us back on it. cool place just south of naciamento

Hope that works out for you. Most of the pigs I have killed have come from that same area but west of San Antonio in a town called Bradley. There and Hollister.

Upvote 0

mark stevens

Jul 3, 2005
sandiego
Name
mark
Boat
Next year
I'm a sucker for morning grey light on a ridge hillside where ever it may be and then spending days and days paterning a wild animal and cuting it up and putting it on the grill best memories you'l never forget. I think the best is losing 15 pounds in the winter.

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2006
SAN DIEGO
Name
PAUL
Boat
SKIPJACK 24
I think it is in my heritage, It's just in my blood, my grandfather hunted all over the world. my father hunted all over north America,
they both passed away many years ago, but when I take to the field their always with me spirtually.
archery only for me anymore.

Attachments

• hiiltop dr. 002.jpg
    hiiltop dr. 002.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 97
  • hiiltop dr..jpg
    hiiltop dr..jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 88
  • hiiltop dr. 001.jpg
    hiiltop dr. 001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 90
  • hiiltop dr. 003.jpg
    hiiltop dr. 003.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 22
  • south bay gun club.jpg
    south bay gun club.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Illinois hunt 004.jpg
    Illinois hunt 004.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 0

bajadan2000

Dec 13, 2005
Vancouver, Wa.
Name
Dan
Boat
Shamrock Predator, "Bay Dreamin'"
Let's compare: Hunting and grocery shopping for food

Hike an animal trail through beautiful scenery that is seldom used by humans, oooorrrrr, walk in a grocery store to get my food, get aisle blocked forever by two day dreaming fake blondes and run over from behind by a two legged moose.

When coming in contact with granola munching greenies. In the woods I get respect from them and they move off of the trail when they see me packing, or take endless mindless abuse from them on the internet and meat aisle.

Eat meat that is full of chemicals and hormones, or eat meat that is truly all natural food..

These are just a few of the reasons I prefer to hunt vs going to a grocery store....

Upvote 0

gpomplin

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 13, 2006
Santee
Name
gary
Boat
A BIG RUBBER DUCK
Let's compare: Hunting and grocery shopping for food

Hike an animal trail through beautiful scenery that is seldom used by humans, oooorrrrr, walk in a grocery store to get my food, get aisle blocked forever by two day dreaming fake blondes and run over from behind by a two legged moose.

When coming in contact with granola munching greenies. In the woods I get respect from them and they move off of the trail when they see me packing, or take endless mindless abuse from them on the internet and meat aisle.

Eat meat that is full of chemicals and hormones, or eat meat that is truly all natural food..

These are just a few of the reasons I prefer to hunt vs going to a grocery store....
AMEN
icon12.gif

Upvote 0

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
I got some nice big cat foot print pics today and some of some dogs big as wolves. :D

Cat prints big as my hand :eek:

Upvote 0

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
With your Mom
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
18' Center Console " D-Bar II "
I got some nice big cat foot print pics today and some of some dogs big as wolves. :D

Cat prints big as my hand :eek:

So do you have a new Feline fur coat?

Upvote 0

hunting kid

Oct 16, 2009
hemet,CA
Name
shane
Boat
22' mako
kgbowhunt got me into it.Thank you i owe your for that its such a rush.i get buck fever every time i see a deer i can just be looking through the binoculars and start shaking looking at them.I LOVE venison.I really like hiking just getting out away from the shitty city.thats my home away from home in the hills.
my uncle(kgbowhunt) also got me into hunting along with a little help from my brother(fishingkid), and im dam glad they did.

Upvote 0

"fish-or-die"

Almost A Member
Nov 8, 2008
tehachapi
Name
John
Boat
20ft wellcraft
I'm in it cause i like to kill and killing animals probably keeps me from killing stupid people. :Death_To_Above:Fur bags are overpopulated anyway!:D

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Hiking five miles in the dark to places that only see me and like minded hunters. Sitting and cooling off as the sun lights the eastern sky In that hint of grey.
Listening to the forest awaken, whether sunup or other times,after you have sat motionless for an hour.
Tweetie birds landing on your gun barrel.
Bob cats attacking your turkey decoy and the look on their faces when you yell at them to let go.
The snorting and huffing of a 300# wild boar from twenty five yards as you sneak into range.
A twenty pound tom in full strut in the morning sun turning and lighting up that one feather like a golden neon spotlight.
Waking up after dozing off while turkey hunting ,realizing you have been a sleep for an hour and seeing 3 toms with ten inch beards are with in forty feet.
That twenty minutes between dark and shooting time listening for ducks landing in the decoys or whistleing over head.
Having two does hang out being unpaid live decoys!
The sound of your kid whooping it up when they kill their firts deer.
Being seven miles from from the road as it gets dark and you hear a mountain lion scream as a warning that he is just as scared as you.
Laying in a sleeping bag watching the night sky in some far off piece of land without the noise of trucks ,airplanes,airconditioners or other human noises.

And i just love giving money to the state for tags...someone slap me!
%^&$%%&* ouch....thank you.

A fine meal of roast turkey with gravy and chunky mashed potatoes and gravy.
The attaboys from friends when you show up with a great kill.
The feeling of pitting your abilities as a hunter against the senses of an animal that lives out there everyday in peril of death from a predator and proving your self worthy of taking its life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
I thought it was kinda cool Tony :smoking33:

B, You may as well go to a park and start clubbing all the slow moving children. As fun as that might sound , it's just not that cool. For me, it's not so much about the kill as it is the HUNT. Don't get me wrong, if the dude needs to kill stuff and he wants to kill stupid people, he should do that.

Upvote 0

"fish-or-die"

Almost A Member
Nov 8, 2008
tehachapi
Name
John
Boat
20ft wellcraft
B, You may as well go to a park and start clubbing all the slow moving children. As fun as that might sound , it's just not that cool. For me, it's not so much about the kill as it is the HUNT. Don't get me wrong, if the dude needs to kill stuff and he wants to kill stupid people, he should do that.

that post was supposed to be taken with a grain of salt...late night humor. I love the solitude that only comes from being out away from people. ...But seriously if a sea lion dies "prematurely" that's like putting 50lbs of fish a day back in the ocean. I could happily kill pups all day long and not feel a twinge of guilt if it means my and your kids will catch more fish.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat

Don't get me wrong Tony, I don't want to go bash seal pups myself 4,000 miles from here where they don't steal the only yellow I hook all day. Or slow children :gay: I just thought putting that pic as an avatar was ballsy. I'm definitely about the chase, but if given a legal chance to thin the local sea lion population I'd be lining up.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
I must apologize if I got a little serious on you guys. I have to say, I still think I would only kill one for food. I saw a show once about a dude that lived way up in Alaska somewhere and he would shoot a bunch of them in the summer. Then he would hang the meat to dry and feed it to his sled dogs. He said " I feed them every other day in the winter and every third day in the summer". He was hard core.

Upvote 0

"fish-or-die"

Almost A Member
Nov 8, 2008
tehachapi
Name
John
Boat
20ft wellcraft
I must apologize if I got a little serious on you guys. I have to say, I still think I would only kill one for food. I saw a show once about a dude that lived way up in Alaska somewhere and he would shoot a bunch of them in the summer. Then he would hang the meat to dry and feed it to his sled dogs. He said " I feed them every other day in the winter and every third day in the summer". He was hard core.

Didn't hurt my feelings. I can be brutally honest and express opinions that a lot of people think they should find offensive but i think a lot would secretly agree with. As for "enjoying the kill" here's a common example. Anybody, including myself, who likes to go out to an area populated with ground squirrels and massacre as many as possible, likes to kill. You don't eat them, or even touch them. They are not causing direct harm and actually benefit the environment-Still love doing it. I would treat a sea lion rookerie the same way! Unlike squirrels they are WAY OVERPOPULATED and having a negative impact on our fishery. Go to benitos or cedros islands which are basically the nursery for our yellowtail. They're like swarms of mosquitos protected by hundreds of miles of shark fishing gear.
If sea lions were any other animal they would be "managed" by our government to the point we'd forget what they look like....

Thats my opinion.

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
I totally get your point. I would love to go to a good dog town or ground squirel complex and lay low a whole stack of critters. I guess it's just the idea of clubbing anything to death. It seems way to brutal and inhumane unless it were in self deffence. I'm glad you were'nt offended, that was not my intention. Just throwing out an oppinion. And yes ,I know, oppinions are like assholes... everybody has one and some really stink!:)

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I totally get your point. I would love to go to a good dog town or ground squirel complex and lay low a whole stack of critters. I guess it's just the idea of clubbing anything to death. It seems way to brutal and inhumane unless it were in self deffence. I'm glad you were'nt offended, that was not my intention. Just throwing out an oppinion. And yes ,I know, oppinions are like assholes... everybody has one and some really stink!:)

My asshole doesn't stink!!!:food-smiley-014:

Upvote 0