Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Hey Boys,

As I'm sure you've heard there's been an awesome YT bite at Colonet again this year to go with the always great rock fishing. The weather looks like it's going to hold for another week plus so it's time to go.

Jason and I going to drag our whole TV crew down there next Thursday PM to fish and film for a couple of days. If a few BD'ers want to roll down with us to fish and party a bit, that would be awesome. All are welcome, just make sure your boat is up to the task (Ie. Not gonna break down) and you have the range (need about 300 mile range to do it without fueling).

Here's the plan:

2/18 - Thursday - Leave SD bay around 5pm. Motor slow all night.
2/19 - Friday - Wake up on the spot at day break - Kill shit - Anchor up for the night - Raft up with other BD'ers if weather permits - BBQ and Cocktail
2/20 - Kill shit until about 1pm. Pick up and run for home. Probably stop at the Coral Marina in Ensenada for fuel. Arrive back at SD bay around 7pm.

I'd love to stay all day Saturday but our video crew needs to fly back home. You guys might consider it if you have the time.

It's about 110 miles south from Point Loma. You need to be self contained. As we are on a shooting schedule we really don't have time to lose if someone breaks down.

I have a bunch of GPS #'s for Yellows and Rockfish I'll be glad to share. I can give them to you ahead of time or you're welcome to follow us around.

That's about it. Post any questions here.

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
That's sounds cool...if I just had the time available

Upvote 0

GOFAST88

WORKHARD-FISHHARD
Sep 8, 2012
Murrieta
Name
Tyler
Boat
14' Livingston
Damn that sounds fun! Isn't there a new launch ramp down that way? If you wanted to trailer down

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Damn! Wish my boat had that kind of range... I don't feel like tripping over gas cans the whole time.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
You could also trailer to Ensenada and make the 55 mile run each way. I just can't stress enough, make sure your rig is up to the task.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I suppose one could launch from San Diego, fuel up in Ensenada and continue on to colonet and back to Ensenada?

Upvote 0

☆THRASHER☆

Thrashing Some Rods.
Jul 23, 2014
Renton WA
Name
Jason Champion
Boat
GW 272 sailfish
My phone says I can be there in 23 hours and 11 minutes, it's obviously never towed my boat.

Reactions: dragonballs
Upvote 0

Pursut joe

Jun 22, 2015
Novato
Name
Joe C
Boat
22outrage
That being one experience I wish I did not have to miss . That is going to be a awesome experience being safe and tight lines .

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Sounds like a blast, if I wasn't traveling next week I would do it. Have fun.

Upvote 0

furniture 4 me

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 16, 2008
perris/ca/usa
www.OFBoutdoors.com
Name
mike
Boat
17 crusader
between building a new house and only having the CC right now, well i think i am out of the running. would be awesome. the boat will make the run, however the time and well the sleeping issues. for those that know the boat, haha

have fun good luck....

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Ali, what are the chances that LK would be running limited load charters for the show at some point? I understand planning for a mid winter weather window like this prolonged one is virtually impossible, but it would be cool if it came together.

A colonet trip with solid yellow fishing would be good opportunity to showcase one style of SoCal fishing and its differences between other styles and also let people with other styles an opportunity to try their stuff as well (I'm guessing knife jigging would be pretty effective on rockfish and yellows' especially in Colonet's super current).

BTW, great concept and show and the PB floatilla would be rad as well!

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Anyone check the weather for that day? Its a week away but the weather man has a said there is a decent chance of a storm.

Upvote 0

pine261

Carabella III
Jul 23, 2008
Orange, Ca
Name
Dave Schaffer
Boat
Titan 58' Custom Sportfisher Carabella III
What about paperwork i.e. Temporary import permits, visa etc? We are interested

Upvote 0

Latest posts