Who's buying a fishing license?

Are you getting a fishing license

• NO! F'em

Votes: 86 17.8%
  • Yes, what can I do? They have me by the balls.

Votes: 312 64.7%
  • Getting a lifetime license

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • Haven't decide

Votes: 62 12.9%

• Total voters

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
I get mine for around $7 a yeat since i am disabled so i have no need to get a lifetime.
Yours should be free and you should never have to pay one thin dime in taxes for the rest of your life. You my friend have paid your dues as far as I am concerned. Thank you for your service.

TGee

Former User
Oct 12, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Tim
Boat
25'Davis-Bahia,"Tag Team"
I think you guys might reconsider not buying the lifetime ticket.
Gov. Moonbeam WILL raise your cost to fish!
You don't get to vote on that.

biggens

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 27, 2008
lake
Name
duh !
Boat
26 ft wellcraft
Dan is the man !!! We must stop the MLPA and there liberal agenda starting at the top.

oh cant wait am i too politcal? sorry, but screw it, everyone look around, whats happening!!! (what the fuck!!!!)

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy

DID WE GIVE UP WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR??!!!!!!!!

They want us to stop buying licenses and give in. It makes it that much easier to close off more areas in the future without having to spend any money to do it.

I finally donated to the Save California Fishing, since I cannot make all the meetings and such. It may not be much, but it is something I can do right now.
I must have missed it.... When did they do that? :rofl::rofl:

I think you missed it....:rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/ame]

Dec 25, 2008
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Bill
Boat
using CPFV's for now...
Got mine yesterday at the Fred Hall Show. At the Fish and Game booth (5% discount). Every little bit helps.

The way I look at it, because we fishermen (and hunters) provide a lot of funding to the F&G though our license revenues, we carry extra weight when we speak out before the State officials on how we want California's fish and game resources managed.

Bassmangler

Apr 15, 2009
Escondido,CA USA
Name
Manny
Boat
none
Well, there I was fishing in the water hole I spotted while mountain biking, when I heard leaves rustling. I turned around ready to stick my K-bar into some towering, furry creature about to devour me, but as it turned out, it was something far more scarier...it was the DFG. :oinker:"How're we doing," he asked. "Fine, just fishing," I replied. :oinker:"Did you know that fishing here isn't allowed? It's a protected tributary and people want to keep it nice." He stated. "I didn't know." I replied.

I'd been fishing that hole for quite some time. I've always been careful to not leave anything behind, including fishing line, and I've always picked up after the a-holes who don't take as much care to keep the place pristine as I do. In the end, I knew it was a matter of time before my "secret" hole would be "confiscated" from me, but the fact that I buy my license, catch and release, and do my part to conserve the environment, somehow gave me the sense that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Well, my disappointment with this experience can't possibly be put into words, so I'll do my best to express my discontent toward the DFG and all those seeking to take away our right to fish in California in a way that can't possibly be misconstrued. :finger:

Jul 22, 2004
Oceanside, Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
23' IMP WA "Hook - Up!"
I'M WATING. Maybe if the DFG is not funded as normal and the gov takes a hit they may understand what kind of impact this MLPA may have on the sportfishing industry. Maybe I will just buy a one day when the fishing is better so I don't support those who do not support us.

Lets see how far they will go without my 50.00......

Tacklebox

Feb 6, 2011
Capistrano Beach
Name
Dylan
Boat
None
Well, there I was fishing in the water hole I spotted while mountain biking, when I heard leaves rustling. I turned around ready to stick my K-bar into some towering, furry creature about to devour me, but as it turned out, it was something far more scarier...it was the DFG. :oinker:"How're we doing," he asked. "Fine, just fishing," I replied. :oinker:"Did you know that fishing here isn't allowed? It's a protected tributary and people want to keep it nice." He stated. "I didn't know." I replied.

I'd been fishing that hole for quite some time. I've always been careful to not leave anything behind, including fishing line, and I've always picked up after the a-holes who don't take as much care to keep the place pristine as I do. In the end, I knew it was a matter of time before my "secret" hole would be "confiscated" from me, but the fact that I buy my license, catch and release, and do my part to conserve the environment, somehow gave me the sense that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Well, my disappointment with this experience can't possibly be put into words, so I'll do my best to express my discontent toward the DFG and all those seeking to take away our right to fish in California in a way that can't possibly be misconstrued. :finger:
did you get a fine? how are the dfg on the whole "i didnt know" story?

Bassmangler

Apr 15, 2009
Escondido,CA USA
Name
Manny
Boat
none
No, he didn't fine me. He was actually pretty cool, but of course, this had everything to do with my attitude about the whole thing. I really don't understand your question, but as far as the "I didn't know" reference, I meant that I was unaware that it was a "protected tributary," as it is just a water hole alongside the road. As far as how the DFG ties into all of this, well, I think you already know. I don't want to go off on the whole DFG/MLPAI fiasco because I think it's already been stated quite clearly (I also fish salt water).

penn25

Feb 8, 2012
Hawaii but grew up in Southern California
Name
Paul
Boat
Lucky Dog (retired)
One day they will either forbid all fishing and hunting or in addition to licenses each implement used for said sport will be heavily taxed. In addition to or instead of the "NRA" there will be the "NSPA" National Sports Participation Association. There will be yearly, decade or lifetime memberships as well as constant requests for additional money (before anyone gets upset I'm a life member of the NRA). We will all pay loads of additional money but our preferred presidential candidate will still not be elected. We will all smarten up and have our candidate lie and run on a platform of no hunting, fishing and anti guns. He/she wins and the country has a massive pole switch back to what our country was all about. ARE YOU WITH ME?

Technician

the viking
May 5, 2012
Placentia/ca
Name
Josh halsne
Boat
The green ring
I'm going ninja this year. They all got enough out of me over the last twenty years of raping me on taxes...

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
No, he didn't fine me. He was actually pretty cool, but of course, this had everything to do with my attitude about the whole thing. I really don't understand your question, but as far as the "I didn't know" reference, I meant that I was unaware that it was a "protected tributary," as it is just a water hole alongside the road. As far as how the DFG ties into all of this, well, I think you already know. I don't want to go off on the whole DFG/MLPAI fiasco because I think it's already been stated quite clearly (I also fish salt water).
I'm curious if that "protected tributary" is truly off limits to fishing? Seems like the state constitution protects our right to fish in state waters. Is the place shown as an MPA or is it on private property?

rivertake

May 28, 2008
Hoopin since
Name
LOBSTER
Boat
CATCHER
Bought it yesterday. Fished on it last night. Worth every penny. :hali_olutta:

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Just Got my New one, gee easy nothing to fill , they just scan your old one , pay more money than last year...about 2.00 dollars...
sign it and your off...Got mine on the third.... wanna get my monies worth...

my only gripe is that you have to buy a freshwater license to get the saltwater license... I never fish fresh.... so that sucks..................

but welcome to california...... just bend over....................

Full Eclipse

Apr 22, 2006
Escondido
Name
Steve
Boat
24 Ft Skipjack Flybridge "Boomer"
Ahem, You must buy a license if you want to fish Kelifornia.... simple enough?
This is a fishing forum with fisherman on it- and some people arent buying fishing licenses? I suspect 99 percent of you will buy a license, but want to seem badass and rebelious.
You have to buy the license because the alternative is way more expensive. Its the diff between getting Vessel Assist and not--
Its a no brainer. That is all......

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Ahem, You must buy a license if you want to fish Kelifornia.... simple enough?
This is a fishing forum with fisherman on it- and some people arent buying fishing licenses? I suspect 99 percent of you will buy a license, but want to seem badass and rebelious.
You have to buy the license because the alternative is way more expensive. Its the diff between getting Vessel Assist and not--
Its a no brainer. That is all......

Did You buy yours ? :rofl:

fishby1

Jul 25, 2006
Otay Ranch/Chula Vista
Name
Rolland R. Vance
Boat
N/A
If you don`t buy a fishing license, Then you can`t fish and they won, But if you do then that means you stuck it to the man and we all all know that the f--ker can`t stand it, So stick up for your right as a citizen of this f--ked up state and do the right thing for your sanityand get your license and fish on.

Efishnsea

Teaching kids how to fish
Aug 2, 2007
Covina, Ca
Name
Ed Efishnsea
Boat
21' Boston Whaler Outrage, + Kayaks--looking for 205 Conquest
Just did...
Its all about the water, sun and scenery, and all that lives in the ocean.

---Fuck all you whiners...Just go fishing and shut up