Who remembers Farrell's ice cream parlors?

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Alright....how about KNOLLWOODS.... for the Best real bacon cheese burger in town. THIIICK BACON!! Fries were great too. Ate on picnic tables....they were ALWAYS Packed. Anaheim Hills off 91....at La Palma.
    There’s still a Knowlwood burgers in Irvine. Yeah the one in Anaheim hills used to always packed.. but closed down along with the Fullerton location.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    My first job that included paying taxes and not working on a sportboat was at Farrells in Fashion Valley. I still have the pay stubs somewhere. Circa 1975. I would come home after scooping ice cream all evening and my right forearm was half again as big as my left.
    Nothing worse than getting that first paycheck and seeing the taxes come out, fucking heartbreaking and a reality check!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Circa 1978, 10th grade pimping beer and going to Perry’s pizza in Fullerton smoking ragweed in the parking lot then going in and playing the table top Astoriods video game. Also El taco off of Beach and Orangethorpe, A great hang out after cruising Whittier Boulevard. great memories being in the club and serving as vice Pres of "Sunset Truckers". My ride in the center spread of Truckin🤙

View attachment 1339237

FB571514-A6ED-40E8-BFB2-2E93E04E27F9.jpeg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
    Apr 27, 2006
    M Class Planet / Riverside
    Name
    Wayne
    Boat
    Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
    I had the good fortune of being able to frequent the original Naugles almost every weekend from 1976-80 on Brockton and 14th Street in Riverside. Sometimes I would stop and grab a Macho Combo burrito while going to and from my job at the Riverside Plaza. Even had a few friends who worked for Dick Naugle. Other than a few Jack in the Box locations it was the only place open 24 hours, which made it an extremely busy place after hours with hundreds of cars full of teenagers hanging out in the rear parking lot, kinda looked like Arnold's on Happy Days but smelled like a Cheech and Chong movie. So far the reviews have been mixed on the Naugles revival, based on a group of OG Riversiders opinions. Of course being a 17 year old teenager sitting on the hood of a '7I Plymouth Duster at 2:30 a.m. while stoned and eating Naugle burger is a much different experience than driving to the OC completely sober at noon in a new Lexus.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I had the good fortune of being able to frequent the original Naugles almost every weekend from 1976-80 on Brockton and 14th Street in Riverside. Sometimes I would stop and grab a Macho Combo burrito while going to and from my job at the Riverside Plaza. Even had a few friends who worked for Dick Naugle. Other than a few Jack in the Box locations it was the only place open 24 hours, which made it an extremely busy place after hours with hundreds of cars full of teenagers hanging out in the rear parking lot, kinda looked like Arnold's on Happy Days but smelled like a Cheech and Chong movie. So far the reviews have been mixed on the Naugles revival, based on a group of OG Riversiders opinions. Of course being a 17 year old teenager sitting on the hood of a '7I Plymouth Duster at 2:30 a.m. while stoned and eating Naugle burger is a much different experience than driving to the OC completely sober at noon in a new Lexus.
    my room mate and I would park the car at our Apartment,
    and walk up to the Drive Thru, because CHP had A station close by, those Fries and Macho Burrito at 2 OC in the morning ,
    helped with the hang over.

Reactions: marlyn and flytie
    Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 20, 2012
    Orange, CA USA
    Name
    GC
    Boat
    Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
    The Naugles in Stanton is close to Jer Dog's. When I bought led I made sure to make a stop. Not exactly the same, and to RodRage's point, my tastes have changed a bit. The hard shell tacos are still pretty okay, though.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    When we got done surfing our catch fraze when stoned was " lets get Naugled " !

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    A&W root beer on beach Boulevard in Buena Park🤙

Upvote 0

martin3

Captain
  • Sep 6, 2012
    Bellflower, CA
    Name
    Martin
    Boat
    19 Arima Sea Ranger w/ Skiptop
    Alright....how about KNOLLWOODS.... for the Best real bacon cheese burger in town. THIIICK BACON!! Fries were great too. Ate on picnic tables....they were ALWAYS Packed. Anaheim Hills off 91....at La Palma.

KNOWLWOODS was the best......GREAT BURGERS!
    I definitely remember the picnic tables !
    We used to stop there on the way to different local BMX tracks.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    The concrete wave in Anaheim, I was just learning to skate when my mom got a job at Vans tennis shoes as national sales rep, shortly after Skatopia opened 2 miles from my house and I got to know and skate with some of the legends. it was a great time to be a kid!! Guy in the yellow shirt in the background of the first pic is Tom Sims legendary skater and pretty much Inventor of snowboarding🤙

B1EDC20E-7BA6-4FEF-9FF0-3852B9544D82.png

A059CCD7-D4ED-425C-9C6E-3C6AD5988448.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    PUP N TACO.... 5 tacos for a buck!! Being European.... my mom thought that was the epitome of Mexican food....lol. Always looked forward to Thursdays.... PUP N TACO DAY at our house. Eventually graduated to EL TACO.

AS for KNOWLWOODS..... still dream of those burgers brothers. I mean "IN n OUT" is great but KNOWLWOODS was even better.

P.S. For the life of me....I can remember the name of that GREAT restaurant on the corner if HARBOR and KATELLA. Giant Portions....Hush Puppies...amongst many other things. I think it had a French name....? INFAMOUS.... for sure.

Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    PUP N TACO.... 5 tacos for a buck!! Being European.... my mom thought that was the epitome of Mexican food....lol. Always looked forward to Thursdays.... PUP N TACO DAY at our house. Eventually graduated to EL TACO.

AS for KNOWLWOODS..... still dream of those burgers brothers. I mean "IN n OUT" is great but KNOWLWOODS was even better.

P.S. For the life of me....I can remember the name of that GREAT restaurant on the corner if HARBOR and KATELLA. Giant Portions....Hush Puppies...amongst many other things. I think it had a French name....? INFAMOUS.... for sure.

There was place called Flakey Jake’s that served some great burger off Harbor & Katella.. prolly not what you’re thinking of.

Loved A&W’s root beer on tap.. bomb.

Remember Pup n Taco, but can’t remember the taste.

Perry’s Pizza was awesome.. and loved Lampost Pizza when there was one in Fullerton.

Larry’s Pizza is still good though.

Reactions: RodRage
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    There was place called Flakey Jake’s that served some great burger off Harbor & Katella.. prolly not what you’re thinking of.

Loved A&W’s root beer on tap.. bomb.

Remember Pup n Taco, but can’t remember the taste.

Perry’s Pizza was awesome.. and loved Lampost Pizza when there was one in Fullerton.

Larry’s Pizza is still good though.
    We still have a Perrys up the street,
    Good stuff.

Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC

Or was it Belisle’s? Harbor & Chapman.

W
    woodfish330
    Brother.....THATS IT!! Phenomenal food great portions.... I believe they were open 24/7.... as I seemed to "vaguely" remember ...it was a great after bar stop. Had many birthdays and special occasions there. Miss them for sure!!
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

PacificBlue

Nov 25, 2011
    USA
    Name
    JM
    Boat
    Still Looking
    Naugle’s had this interesting cheese burrito that was like 3/4” thick of melted cheese and could no be found elsewhere.

Also no one had the same super fine shredded lettuce as Naugle’s burger.

Jim’ Burger on the corner of Knott/Ball Avenue was great back in the day (70’s) as was that Mexican Deli on Cerritos near Western, their beef burritos were like a solid chunk of steak in red sauce wrapped in giant tortilla.

Upvote 0