Who remembers Farrell's ice cream parlors?

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Nov 28, 2003
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
IMG_20211206_150637982.jpg
I think those were some of my best tasting, bad choices in food...
Yeah, I'm still cleaning out my garage.

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
I remember back in the 70's on Friday Nights after football games....Farrells Ice Cream and Shakey's Pizza put on a post game at a Jr High in Escondido so it was neutral and all three high school players and kids would show up and just have a great time...$1.00 to get in.....safe and besides that everybody knew everybody from all the schools....Escondido, Orange Glen and San Pasqual High Schools....no guns, no fights and was a great place to meet gals from the other schools....Good Times when there was no internet

Upvote 0

chilidip

• Jul 26, 2006
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Im certain theres one in Fullerton. An EX from college loved that place haha

The Brea location closed in 2019, and that was the last location.

In other news, Straw Hat Pizza and Naugles are trying to make a comeback.

pete j
    pete j
    The cheese burrito from naugles was my favorite thing ever, Tried making at home many times but never as good
    Upvote 0
    hucklongfin
    hucklongfin
    I still get macho combo burritos at Del Taco… it was a Naugles menu item. Back in the late 80’s I worked at Taco Bell corporate... they called them Del Naugles. I still remember the signs changing at the Naugles.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    I remember Farrell's.There was one in Parkway Plaza Mall.I think they had that giant bowl of ice cream called "The Zoo" ?

Upvote 0

CI_SeaWolf

Almost A Member
  • Feb 13, 2006
    Camarillo, CA
    Name
    Tom Farrell
    Boat
    Wellcraft 22' W/A
    Had the Zoo for my 12 th birthday. I remember going there before Mom took us to the Americana Cinema to watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Last one in SFV was down on Owensmouth and Ventura I think.

Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    I remember taking the kids to the Jackson Dr. and Parkway Bowl locations and I remember my parents took me to one in the '70's when we lived on the boat in Shelter Island. Can't remember if it was on Rosecrans or maybe Midway Dr.?

Reactions: sealskinner
    Upvote 0

poncherello

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jan 11, 2005
    san Diego
    Name
    Jerry
    Boat
    none
    The pig trough!! There is a Farrell’s in Buena Park. I remember taking my son there pre-pandemic. Maybe we should have a BD meet up there and get the ice cream that we were denied by our parents. Then again, a bunch fat old dudes at an ice cream parlor will have the cops there in no time! Lol!

I miss Nuagles. Would love to see a come back for sure!

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    When I was growing up in the 60s & early 70s a neighbor kid's father started and owned the 1st three Farrels in San Diego; I think Jackson Dr was the first one then Fashion Valley and then the Midway location. They would have all of their kids B-Day Parties there so I was going for free 2-3 times a year and I can remember coming home and blowing chips half the night after one of those parties we ate so much ice cream and red licorice whips it was quite a mess. I hate to admit it but the Midway location was one of my favorite Dine-N-Ditch Restaurants during my delinquent High School years.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    If I’m not mistaken there’s still one in Breal
    The pig trough!! There is a Farrell’s in Buena Park. I remember taking my son there pre-pandemic. Maybe we should have a BD meet up there and get the ice cream that we were denied by our parents. Then again, a bunch fat old dudes at an ice cream parlor will have the cops there in no time! Lol!

I miss Nuagles. Would love to see a come back for sure!
    There is a Naugles in Huntington Beach on Ellis just before the 405 on ramp, it’s a small one in an industrial complex. In high school The one on Brookhurst was a must stop On our way home from surfing, good fucking times!

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft

There is a Naugles in Huntington Beach on Ellis just before the 405 on ramp, it’s a small one in an industrial complex. In high school The one on magnolia was a must stop On our way home from surfing, good fucking times!
    The naugles in HB is the test kitchen they opened several years ago. Now they have a full restaurant on beach blvd. Del Taco screwed up and did not use the Naugles name over a certain number of years so somebody decided to take the name and reopen it. Del Taco sued and lost.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats

There is a Naugles in Huntington Beach on Ellis just before the 405 on ramp, it’s a small one in an industrial complex. In high school The one on Brookhurst was a must stop On our way home from surfing, good fucking times!
    There bun tacos suck now,
    They used to be great.

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    The naugles in HB is the test kitchen they opened several years ago. Now they have a full restaurant on beach blvd. Del Taco screwed up and did not use the Naugles name over a certain number of years so somebody decided to take the name and reopen it. Del Taco sued and lost.
    Yeah I stopped and talked to the owner a few days before they opened he had high hopes, Def not as good as I remember but at 59 my taste buds and stomach arent what they used to be either!

Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    There
    Yeah I stopped and talked to the owner a few days before they opened he had high hopes, Def not as good as I remember but at 59 my taste buds and stomach arent what they used to be either!
    There has not been a Naugles for 30 years. Memory versus reality could be a problem.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    There

There has not been a Naugles for 30 years. Memory versus reality could be a problem.
    And they don’t have the macho meat burrito either, but there fries are still
    Pretty dam good .

Latest posts