Auggie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 17, 2007
H.B.
Name
Gary
Boat
None
Just fished it last weekend, and can't wait to go again. Capt. and crew are solid. Good food and comfortable bunk. Its go big or nothing. Don't bother bringing
20171028_102814.jpg
anything less than 60#. Capt. Greg was on the speaker through out the day keeping us informed.

Deck hand Justin , was really helpful as well as Nick and Nick.

Upvote 0

michael c day

FISHANYWHERE
Jul 1, 2012
phoenix Az. puerto penasco, sonora. Loreto baja ca
Name
MIGY D
Boat
Mi Ultra Amor
Just fished it last weekend, and can't wait to go again. Capt. and crew are solid. Good food and comfortable bunk. Its go big or nothing. Don't bother bringing anything less than 60#. Capt. Greg was on the speaker through out the day keeping us informed.

Deck hand Justin , was really helpful as well as Nick and Nick.

Upvote 0

wii888lo

Mar 15, 2015
Name
ricky
Boat
ricky
boat size has nothing to do with being crowded...till this day ppl don't understand ...
i been on boats that had 36 ppl and everyone knew what they were doing and it seems like 15 ppl on the boat ...
been on boats that had 15 ppl ...and had 10 tangles or cutoff ... fished like 36 ppl was on it
greg would put u on the fish ...
seafort free parking
hm pay parking

Reactions: michael c day
Upvote 0

michael c day

FISHANYWHERE
Jul 1, 2012
phoenix Az. puerto penasco, sonora. Loreto baja ca
Name
MIGY D
Boat
Mi Ultra Amor
boat size has nothing to do with being crowded...till this day ppl don't understand ...
i been on boats that had 36 ppl and everyone knew what they were doing and it seems like 15 ppl on the boat ...
been on boats that had 15 ppl ...and had 10 tangles or cutoff ... fished like 36 ppl was on it
seafort free parking
hm pay parking

Been there done that also. Also depends on how much rail there is vs. bodies. But I'm checking Greg out. Thanks for the push!!

Upvote 0

wii888lo

Mar 15, 2015
Name
ricky
Boat
ricky
Locked and loaded on all line sizes thanks for the post. Was that vid from your Aztec trip? Nice grade for sure!

60 to 130 is recommended ...there are school out there that are 20 lbers and biting 20 lb lines but capt greg said go big or go home trip...these bluefins are many ppl personal best ...so lets do something we will remember

Reactions: michael c day
Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Buddy just came back with his personal bests. a 148 and a 156.
He loves the Aztec !

Reactions: BrokenBackRebel
Upvote 0

streetnfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 7, 2009
south pasadena
Name
Ray
Boat
Float tube
After reading your post "The fish are out there want one more shot before it's done", I would ask one more shot at what? Catching fish or possibly catching a personal best at the risk of catching nothing? With that answer I would check the count history of both boats (and any others you are interested in). Nothing is guaranteed but this might help in picking a boat based on your trip expectations. Good luck

Reactions: FlatPack
Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
  • Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    340Z SeaVee
    Greg is only chasing the big stuff. It’s trophy hunting and he knows very well how to do it.

He came from the Pacific Voyager under Mark Ornoz. He learned to keep the crew informed as to what he’s seeing as it keeps everyone aboard in tune and puts more fish on board.

Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    seafort free parking
    hm pay parking
    Plus if you park in Point lomas parking lot, Your chances are better to have your car broken into or stolen, Compared to Sea Forth.

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    After reading your post "The fish are out there want one more shot before it's done", I would ask one more shot at what? Catching fish or possibly catching a personal best at the risk of catching nothing? With that answer I would check the count history of both boats (and any others you are interested in). Nothing is guaranteed but this might help in picking a boat based on your trip expectations. Good luck
    You are Correct Unless someone has a Lot of $350 to Burn for Nothing then AZTEC seems to be the Deal.....its a 50/50 Chance or Possibility to Catch a Fish of the Lifetime....so its More Luck...its the Perfect FISHING gig.....BUT if you are more on CATCHING FISH then this is NOT the Boat for you jmo...its Big Fish or Nothing! So Check SPORTFISHINGREPORTS.COM for Numbers Before Jumping on Board.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Right now its pretty much hero or zero....kinda like playing bingo.

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0