Who knows of a GOOD local mobile mechanic?

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I'll usually do most of this stuff myself, as I like to be pretty hands on when it comes to projects, but time hasn't been on my side lately...... too many other things going on right now, so I'm toying with the idea of maybe having some very basic maintenance work done on my 4 stroke Yami 115, by someone other than myself.

So if I end up not doing this myself, I'm looking to have the impeller changed and also a possible tune up while he's here. I'm near Mission Bay in San Diego...... who's your good, reliable, honest mobile mechanic, and if you know the aprox cost of doing the services I mentioned, that would cool as well.

Thanks!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I know there were a few mobile outboard mechanic guys in the past who partook here on BD, but it's been so long I can't remember who?

Some of you gotta know of a good local San Diego outboard mechanic?

Upvote 0

catalin

Sep 8, 2010
Orange County
Name
Catalin
Boat
19ft Design Concepts, 21ft Boston Whaler Justice
I would not recommend having a mobile mechanic messing up with the tune up. Take the boat to a certified Yamaha mechanic.
You can change the impeller yourself to save some cash.

Reactions: nefarious235
Upvote 0

obtunaman

Mar 8, 2006
Point Loma
Name
Lonie
Boat
17' Invader open bow
check and see if he's still available?
Jm Outboard Motor Repair
Phone: (619) 428-5324

• Name: Jose Motejano

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I would not recommend having a mobile mechanic messing up with the tune up. Take the boat to a certified Yamaha mechanic.
You can change the impeller yourself to save some cash.

Appreciate the input, but a basic tune up is pretty easy, plus I know in the past there were a few mobile mechanics that were indeed Certified Yamaha mechanics.

Yeah I could definitely do it all to save some cash and still may, but I'm running low on the time to do it, so I'm opting to possibly just get it done and over with by someone else. :)

Upvote 0

el Toro

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 19, 2003
Point Loma
Name
Nate
Boat
Artemis
Mike, you need to call Ian Johnston. He is certified Yamaha and mobile. Used him several times and he's a good guy. (858) 722-9926. Tell him I sent you.

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Mike, you need to call Ian Johnston. He is certified Yamaha and mobile. Used him several times and he's a good guy. (858) 722-9926. Tell him I sent you.

X2. He's going to be coming by my place to do a couple things as well. Really good guy

Upvote 0

TAPOUT

Sep 17, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Erik
    Boat
    Cabo 48 FB "Outlaw", Yellowfin 26 Hybrid "Boomer"
    Bob Aronson - 760-310-7802. Great Yamaha mechanic.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    Craig lives right around the corner from you,you know him.He worked at the boat store for a few years.He can do your impellar.You know where he lives right?Go down to chippewa turn right.Hes a few houses down on the left,just a hop and a skip away.
    Call him 858-790-2664

Reactions: ?? fisherman
    Upvote 0

Latest posts