prolinegd

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 3, 2007
Lake Havasu City AZ
Name
Patrick
Boat
Deplorable
Well......EXCUUUUUUUSSSE ME!! My point was simply a great story..... thread..... doesn't need to be polluted with more divisive political rhetoric. Our commonality is fishing..... I'm just so "tired" of the the chest pounding and insults and bullying it brings out here in our BD community.

Fish.... talk fish.... eat fish..... dream fish.... buy fish.... clean fish..... GO FISH!!! But let's leave the rhetoric for your own FACEBOOK page. Otherwise.....Thank you MIKE!
Where in the hell do you get divisive chest pounding political rhetoric out of any of that.
Sensitive much?

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
Awesome story and good deeds from Mike. It’s hard to restore the faith in humanity and trust strangers. Shit like this is awesome. There still are good people out there. Sometimes even the people you don’t know.

As for Woodfish330, go melt someplace else. People like you ruin shit for everyone else.

Caseydmaze

Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Mackerel Marauder
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
I thought it was a cool story. And I appreciated that Mike took the time to tell you what had inspired him to do it. And I understand that you were literally “retelling” that fact as part of the story. Seems like someone is a little sensitive on here. I noticed you never said that either one of you was voting one way or another. Didnt seem political at all to me, guy was just stating facts and sharing a kind act by a fellow fisherman. My guess is if he woulda posted a LeBron Jersey that wouldnt have triggered you as much. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Skeet

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Those yellows look decent, great job. Really cool of Mike. Not sure how you match that, but you gotta try.

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
Madrugador ?? I always thought it was a play on the name of the Madruga family. A well known family in the San Diego fishing scene for many years.

John56434

Idk what to name dis
Aug 1, 2019
West side
Name
John
Boat
Fishing boat
Well......EXCUUUUUUUSSSE ME!! My point was simply a great story..... thread..... doesn't need to be polluted with more divisive political rhetoric. Our commonality is fishing..... I'm just so "tired" of the the chest pounding and insults and bullying it brings out here in our BD community.

Fish.... talk fish.... eat fish..... dream fish.... buy fish.... clean fish..... GO FISH!!! But let's leave the rhetoric for your own FACEBOOK page. Otherwise.....Thank you MIKE!
Trump the best

okie man

Oct 24, 2006
new palestine indiana
Name
kerry way
Boat
18' javalin
To the guy who heard Trump did nice things for people, like the guy who changed his tire. What a load of crap. Trump would have sued the guy for dirtying up the spare, and insinuating that his tire's were not fabulous, the best ever.
Show us on the doll where you hurt!

vipertom1970

Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
Cool story, Mike votes RED or he could be voting Blue but then he would have forgotten to pick up at the dock :)

Last edited:
Reactions: djd35de

500BBC

Oct 19, 2007
LA
Name
Brad
Boat
19' Schiada, Neighborhood Menace
To the guy who heard Trump did nice things for people, like the guy who changed his tire. What a load of crap. Trump would have sued the guy for dirtying up the spare, and insinuating that his tire's were not fabulous, the best ever.
Triggered!

Reactions: MYNomad

BullFrogVI

Retired USN SEAL
Jun 19, 2008
SAN DIEGO CA
Name
GENE WARDROBE
Boat
24 WA' SEAPRO W/225HP MERC VERADO
Brother. .... that's a great story! Don't know Mike.... but my hats off to him for sharing..... When the "chips were down".

What made me vomit.... was your "polititization" of that good deed. Mikes good deed!! When Trump takes YOU fishing....fine..... (never gonna happen.) Until then ....why make it political.... great photos and story....without the"BS".
Right ON!

Reactions: woodfish330

Iron Mike

Experienced
Sep 30, 2009
SAN DIEGO
Name
Mike
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Good day ! This is Mike >>>>Well what a very pleasant surprise this morning reading all the responses. And it all happened just like they said ,

I knew I would not want to be in their shoes and Knew I could do something about it !

Hay wanna go out on my boat I say ..man it was like Christmas ! So I tell them where my boat is and Id be there in 15 Minutes and to meet me ....

I show up and could tell a sense of relief and I'm sure they thought that some guy just doesn't ask wanna go fishing on my boat everyday ...so we unload everything and get to the boat and load

Go first over all of the safety things were Life jackets are ETC ....just to be sure ...I think they pinched each other to be sure it was real ....so off we go Not sure how we started talking about Trump ...but what the hell if we started talking about Anderson Cooper from CNN would we be anti gay ??? homophobes' ?.

People just need to get over it !

Honestly I dont care if you are Black Green Orange Purple Mexican Asian White Yellow or what ever we are all People we all bleed the same lets just go FISHING And Have Fun!

It was a fun time FOR ALL we caught Fish ! the Goal was met everyone was happy and who ever made the Burrito's they where the BOMB !

Anytime you guys want to go again just give me a shout you where all true sportsman and very good fisherman as well ....I did not expect to see an article about me it was a very pleasant surprise

Thanks again !

Mike...…WICKED GAMES ! Tight Lines :)

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Well you just topped Woodfish with this stupid reply.

jeffkaiser

Oct 14, 2005
escondido, ca
Name
Jazz’s Dad
Boat
Grady White Adventure 208
Good day ! This is Mike >>>>Well what a very pleasant surprise this morning reading all the responses. And it all happened just like they said ,

I knew I would not want to be in their shoes and Knew I could do something about it !

Hay wanna go out on my boat I say ..man it was like Christmas ! So I tell them where my boat is and Id be there in 15 Minutes and to meet me ....

I show up and could tell a sense of relief and I'm sure they thought that some guy just doesn't ask wanna go fishing on my boat everyday ...so we unload everything and get to the boat and load

Go first over all of the safety things were Life jackets are ETC ....just to be sure ...I think they pinched each other to be sure it was real ....so off we go Not sure how we started talking about Trump ...but what the hell if we started talking about Anderson Cooper from CNN would we be anti gay ??? homophobes' ?.

Honestly I dont care if you are Black Green Orange Purple Mexican Asian White Yellow or what ever we are all People we all bleed the same lets just go FISHING And Have Fun!

It was a fun time FOR ALL we caught Fish ! the Goal was met everyone was happy and who ever made the Burrito's they where the BOMB !

Anytime you guys want to go again just give me a shout you where all true sportsman and very good fisherman as well ....I did not expect to see an article about me it was a very pleasant surprise

Thanks again !

Mike,
You sir are a good man! The world could use more like you!
Best,
Jeff

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
nice job mike... it is fun to see their face when they walk up to get on a battle wagon. we have taken a couple guys that stopped by the camp fire to chat and just mentioned they might try to find a charter to bottom fish on... we turned them to the dark side with albacore..

great job.. fuck all the haters.

rhgusman

Salty Dog
Sep 9, 2012
CA
Name
Rob
Boat
A Salt Weapon

Thanks again !

Mike, the accolades and discussion about your generosity are much deserved. The title of the original post "Who Does This?" is spot on because this world had become much too cynical, self centered, and cold. Your kind gesture to those who needed it inspires others to do the same. We could all use a bit more "Be Like Mike" in our lives and it definitely inspires me to try and duplicate your generosity. Not for the accolades or write up on BD, but for the mere fact that some are more fortunate to be in a position to give than others, and if we can pay our good fortune and hard work forward to others, maybe it will spread like our wildfires. Again, Kudos to you and for being a great ambassador to the sport. Be Like Mike!

MItoCali

Mar 26, 2014
Newport Beach,
Name
Stephen
Boat
Pursuit Express 3000 Bella Mare
The hatred for Trump knows no bounds. Why not just acknowledge that Trump cares about and helps other people, and inspires at least some to do the same?
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA Don the con trump cares about no one but himself, the fact that his supporters think otherwise is the greatest con we have seen him pull.