SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
White seabass commercial landings for 2017. 1/4 million pounds divided by 18# average for commercial fish Thats 12,500 fish. Pretty average per year.

Almost all come from a couple key area's like Ventura, Cortez Bank, Imperial Beach, etc. in a short period just after season opens in mid June via drift gill nets outside the 3 mile ban.

Halibut over 1/2 million pounds. Over 25,000 fish

Per conversation with DFG. See table below for all California commercial fish landings.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=159547&inline
Man that table sums up how important squid is. 2/3rds of the total tonnage of all landing.

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Could it be that the program is successful at +1% considering a comparison to the what the reduced number would have been today at the rate of decline?

Reactions: QueenAnnesRevenge
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Grew up fishing 3 north county SD lagoons. I'm 41

My first move to costa rica was 98-2002. I never saw or caught wsb in those 3 lagoons before moving to costa rica. Putting in 1000s of days total as a grom and as a young adult. When I moved back to SD from 2003-2007. I saw and caught decent size juvenile wsb in all 3 of those lagoons on smelt.

I then started catching juveniles on gulp sand worm from the beach. On 4lb line. In Del Mar. 2007

Costa Rica 98-2002. Never saw or heard a single scarlet macaw parrot where I live. Yet the beach is full of almond trees which they enjoy eating. Moved back in 2007. While I was away SD fishing :) a relocation program was started. There are now scarlet macaw parrots in my yard and at my business in the trees. They mate for life

Last edited:
    Reactions: swami 805
    Upvote 0