Which Transducer for Garmin echomap plus 73SV

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
I was online searching for a better transom mount transducer then the crap OEM that came in the box. Garmin Outlet customer service recommend GT52HW-TM or 52M-TM as a couple options. I emailed Garmin direct to get a better result but thought I would as a real captain what you are using to fish SoCal waters around the islands. I am a total novice adjusting the gains etc to read better but I do know somewhat how to read it LMAO. Also are there better transducers that I can get that will allow me to scan while moving on plane?? The FF has side scan/traditional/downview.

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
The 73sv is for inland waters, 74sv is for coastal waters. I'm using the GT51-TM with my 74sv and love it so far, really good definition and feedback

Yeah I didnt know the difference when I bought it and it was going on my Kayak at the time, then bought boat a year later. Swapped the POS FF that was on boat to the Garmin. But the 73 does everything else except its loaded with freshwater but I can get by with GPS coordinates of all the fishing spots. Only problem is it does not show MPA sections with Catalina. Thanks for sharing and will look into the GT51-TM