MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
some people have no sense of value for their own lives. We say a guy on a JETSKI out west of desperation reef on Sunday afternoon...........blowing up a helium balloon. I guess the line between "brass balls" and "I gotta catch one regardless of safety" has become somewhat blurred....... but hey, more power to them! Fortunately, for now, it's still AMERICA and you have the right to do what you think is safe, right?

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
and I will DEFEND anybody's right to do so....just hope we don't have to pick them out of the water for a looooong ride home....

Reactions: Shon and makairaa

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC & S/V Lunar Dawn a Casade 36' Sloop
Fairly certain I saw those dudes out by the 226 around 1100ish.

Reactions: InDeepShip

InDeepShip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 5, 2017
SD
Name
Adam
Boat
N/A
Honestly, I was keeping an eye on them for as long as I could. On the way in I heard a CG call for a vessel in distress but thank god it wasn't near where they would be going.

Reactions: Second Row

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
I have been out further than that.... but in a while 16' WHALER.... With heavy foam filled hull. Aluminum boat.. brass ones for sure. But....like MIKEY..... I can't blame them. If you get a big BFT.... put it in neutral.... tuna would be bow pulling that boat around for sure. Pull a "fattie" over the gunnel..... 3 guys on the other side.... One guy pulling....lol..... just not to flood it. Probably wouldn't be pretty.

E1 Toro

El Toro
Jun 8, 2018
SoCal
Name
El Toro
Boat
Striper 2100 WA, 150HO E-Tec G2
I have been out further than that.... but in a while 16' WHALER.... With heavy foam filled hull. Aluminum boat.. brass ones for sure. But....like MIKEY..... I can't blame them. If you get a big BFT.... put it in neutral.... tuna would be bow pulling that boat around for sure. Pull a "fattie" over the gunnel..... 3 guys on the other side.... One guy pulling....lol..... just not to flood it. Probably wouldn't be pretty.
Just fillet it in the water! Then pull in the parts!

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I don`t know about being out that far in a tin boat , we can`t predict mother nature nor can we depend on the weather forcast , In my younger years I used to say if you can see it you can swim to it , I don`t think it`s having big Balls I think it`s a couple of beers short of a six pack

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Doing marine patrol out of Dana Harbor in a 26-footer, running out west of San Clemente Island all the way to the Cortez Bank on one occasion, I saw some pretty strange choices made. My Lieutenant would shake his head and say, "This is America. You have a constitutional right to be stupid."

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
i took my 14' gregor/25 yamaha out to the coronados , once and only once. i was advised not to , but went anyways . it was nice on the way out , and i killed the yellows, but the weather kicked up , i barely made it back, and never did it again.

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Rogue wave almost flipped my 19.5 foot boat near the 43. Don't think that aluminum boat would have made it.

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
Its got that whole "Old Man and the Sea " thing going on. Good Luck !

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I used to do that fishing blue marlin at the east cape. Then I grew up, built a sizeable net worth, and things changed. I sorta miss that nothing to lose era. Damn!