TunaCat

• Jun 8, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Ay
    Boat
    Hot Girl Summer
    Hello everyone,

Im a first time builder with a couple questions, hopefully this community will be able to answer.
    Blank is a Rainshadow RCJB 84H, and it is being paired with a Penn Pathom 25N with 65# braid. It is mostly going to be used for bottom fishing(rockfish, lingcod), and yo yo's.

Does the line rating on ALPS guides relate to mono or braid??? I'm asking because Im conflicted on which guide model to use. Ideally I would like to use MXN lowriders, but I'm concerned the line rating may be to low for 65# braid.

Also I am looking for suggestions on what guide train to follow. I was planning on doing 20-16-12-12-10-10-10-10 and im not sure about the tip top. I read Batsons new guide blueprints but I would like the suggestion of this community

Upvote 0

cmepen

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Jun 16, 2009
    Chula Vista
    Name
    Einar Lohner
    Boat
    Cabo Marine 226
    I would recommend XN’s. The 84H’s sweet spot is as a 40# stick (drag at 12-14). It can definitely handle more, but that is where it performs at its optimum (IMHO). The guide sizes you mentioned are a good starting point. My personal 84H has eight guides however mine is finished with 8’s. Make sure you static test for appropriate guide placement.

Reactions: TunaCat