Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
I took a peek at the Southern California Fishing Reports forum. I see several reports on 3 day trips. Some good info I picked up from those reports, specifically stopping your jig on the drop after hitting 200-250 feet. The guy got bites when others didn’t.

I’ll invite those 3 day anglers to share here on the Long Range forum. Likewise, I’d like to invite those seeking information on shorter trips like the overnight, day and a half trips, etc. to check out the other forum.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I took a peek at the Southern California Fishing Reports forum. I see several reports on 3 day trips. Some good info I picked up from those reports, specifically stopping your jig on the drop after hitting 200-250 feet. The guy got bites when others didn’t.

I’ll invite those 3 day anglers to share here on the Long Range forum. Likewise, I’d like to invite those seeking information on shorter trips like the overnight, day and a half trips, etc. to check out the other forum.
    Hell most "Long Range" Boats stop at 70 miles or on the way back from longer trips to fish Bluefin now with the "FLOATILLA" LOL

Upvote 0

okie man

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Oct 24, 2006
    new palestine indiana
    Name
    kerry way
    Boat
    18' javalin
    Not to be a dick but, I would be willing to bet it cost you as much or more to fish out of your tiny little boat as it did for an angler on the excel. they had 3 fabulous meals, a nice place to rest, didn’t have to drive the boat, tow it to the ramp , wash it at end of trip. Just sayin’

Reactions: Noah & Scoot
    Upvote 0

strackle99

• Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    I fished yesterday 30 miles from PL. We saw the Indy, Intrepid, Excel, American Angler....a bunch of LR boats are fishing almost in sight of PL. Crazy

Reactions: Noah & Scoot
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    But you have 2 threads on here that are not LR fishing :D

If a rare 1.5 day giant tuna report is posted on the LR forum. That is almost straight big fish on the kite and balloon LR style full of great LR kite and balloon fishing info. I invite that person to post it where they want :) Since some LR fisherman are kind of out of the loop of this fishery that they will run into and it could help someone with a open mind. Plus for those that do not check the So Cal forum, they get a bonus here from time to time

Kinda like a Penn 30T question. That belongs in the tackle forum. But technically it is LR. I caught my dock weighed avatar 220lb outside Clarion flyline greenie cowfish on a Penn 30T hot rodded and 2 speeded. So to me that handle question is LR. But that reel can be used on a 1.5 day now also :)

Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
    Jul 1, 2008
    San Ramon, CA
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
    Not to be a dick but, I would be willing to bet it cost you as much or more to fish out of your tiny little boat as it did for an angler on the excel. they had 3 fabulous meals, a nice place to rest, didn’t have to drive the boat, tow it to the ramp , wash it at end of trip. Just sayin’
    But who cares....It's not a competition. Both are fun.

Upvote 0