Which FF and GPS are you using?

Jskd82

Jun 19, 2019
Hawaii
Name
Jason
Boat
Fiberform
I have a Furuno fcv 585 with 1kw 50/200hz thru hull transducer but having some issues with it losing bottom anywhere from 90-130 fathoms. Also looking to buy a new GPS.... curious to see what you guys are using for our deep waters.

yakmandan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
Sinrad go9 with Total scan transducer I've had it for a year and a half. I'm still learning all it's functions but starting to get it dialed in.

Jskd82

Jun 19, 2019
Hawaii
Name
Jason
Boat
Fiberform
Sinrad go9 with Total scan transducer I've had it for a year and a half. I'm still learning all it's functions but starting to get it dialed in.
What's the deepest you have seen it pick up? I'm hoping it's just settings on mine that's messing it up.

yakmandan

May 30, 2007
AZ.
Name
DAN
Boat
19ft Bayrunner Baja
200+ ft but I'm usually not looking any deeper than 250. I'll check it out on Thursday and report back. I'm still learning the unit. I'm sure there's others here that have theirs dialed in and can give better feedback.

kapnd

Jul 22, 2007
haleiwa Hawaii
Name
don
Boat
ss minnow
The 585 with 1 kw should read bottom in the thousands of feet.
check your connections and grounding, make sure the transducer is not painted over with copper containing bottom paint.
If you don’t have a manual, download one and make sure your installation and setup is kosher, and not suffering from interference from other sources.
The 585 is not new tech, but it sets the standard in my mind for what a real depth finder should do!

Reactions: anykine77

KD4

Jun 16, 2020
Kailua
Name
Kepa
Boat
Kili’opu
On my old boat I ran a Simrad set up after years of Garmins. It took away to get it dialed in, but once we did it went well. My new boat came with a Raymarine system that while amazing and powerful, will take a fair amount of time to get used to in the coming weeks. I’m running 3 transducers with straight down and 2 sides which are an interesting change of pace.

MauiGage

Mar 11, 2018
Hawaii
Name
MauiGage
Boat
26' Twin Vee 'Manu-o-Kū'
How's your batteries? My mechanic told me that electronics start acting weird once the battery is losing kick. Just to share...aloha.

Reactions: 96720

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
laguna niguel
Name
Bob
Boat
Henriques 28 Express
Stick with Furuno. 585 and Family are good sounders.
Which transducer are you using?
Show a pic of the display.
There are a variety of adjustments. I hope you run in Manual mode and not in Auto.