Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
Hey guys. So I am going to get my gramps and dad setup with electric reels and I want some experience and insight. I have read good things about Tanacom 750 and searched the threads but didn't find anything recent. Is this what a lot of you are still using? Or is there something else new/better? What are you guys using and what do you love/hate about it?

Thanks in advance

Andre

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Been using mine for years, no problems!

Ducker!

spoon man

It’s all smoke and mirrors
Jul 20, 2012
Olympia, wa
Name
Mike
Boat
22' Alumaweld
Tanacom 750. If you look around hard enough you can find them on sale for around $450 loaded with 80lb braid. Sportco has them every year before hali season.

Fishwacker1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 8, 2016
Lyman
Name
Rodney
Boat
Western Quest 27 North River Offshore
Tanacom 750 tried and true. Still the go too

liltrouble

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
I have been running six tanacom 750s for 6 years. No issues. Had Rougarou put new drags in them this year because the reels were squealing louder than me with a big halibut. Not a defect, just a sign of lots of good use.

If you are looking for tanacom 750s, i still have 8 in stock. The sale ended July 1 but i can still do the 479 price over ride. Pick up in Everett.

carrie's bait boy

No ones prostaff
Apr 17, 2015
Kent WA and Westport WA
Name
norm
Boat
Too many
I have been running six tanacom 750s for 6 years. No issues. Had Rougarou put new drags in them this year because the reels were squealing louder than me with a big halibut. Not a defect, just a sign of lots of good use.

If you are looking for tanacom 750s, i still have 8 in stock. The sale ended July 1 but i can still do the 479 price over ride. Pick up in Everett.
First of all..... “squealing louder than you”? Love it
Second. Thank you for always trying to help out every person you come in contact with.
You is good person

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
I have a couple of the 750's. They work well. I've never had a problem but have noticed a few guys on BD in the past in panic mode needing a cable from losing theirs or from the cable failing. It might be wise to purchase an extra and......remember where you have it stored.

Reactions: roadracerrick

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
Thanks for the input guys. Sounds pretty unanimous.

I'm just kicking myself because I looked at a pair of 1000's last year on clearance for $149 a piece and I didn't buy them. I never would have thought I could talk my dad into electric reels buy he actually suggested it.

• Wow
Reactions: liltrouble