Reelax_N_Fish

Almost A Member
Oct 5, 2010
San Diego
Name
Josh
Boat
These feet were made for walking
Looking to go out on a full day trip soon and cant decide on the Old Glory or the Tribute. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Gafff

Fishing is life
Aug 26, 2018
San Diego
Name
Jason
Boat
Working on it
Looking to go out on a full day trip soon and cant decide on the Old Glory or the Tribute. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Those are overnighters running 1.5 day trips, full day are san diego, liberty, grande, mission belle usually and I would go in that order. The liberty has racks

Upvote 0

azbaseball

Apr 2, 2007
la mesa ca
Name
mike de vito
Boat
20ft nitro
if I remember correctly The Old Glory has a bow area that the bow is curved away from you. You have to lean forward to reach the rail. Makes it a little tougher when fighting the fish in the bow. that said I still run her hard.

Reactions: kevina
Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    A one day trip is pretty much throwing your money away and wasting your time, Unless you get on one of those days where the fish cooperate with the fishing window while your out their!!! That doesn't usually happen that often. A 1.5 day trip will give you all day plus a little. Depending on the time you leave the day before you may be out their for the night bite on your first day, plus all the following day. The Intrepid has 1.5 day trips that leave at 11:00 am, This is the departure time that will give you the opportunity for the best of both worlds, Not to mention with the Intrepid your on one of the nicest boats, If not the nicest in the fleet.

Reactions: Sawmill killer
    Upvote 0

fishwithwill

Nov 24, 2018
    On the roof
    Name
    OB
    Boat
    Blow Up Dolly
    Old Glory gets my vote...they are currently doing 1.5 day trips and I'm gearing up now to get onboard Old Glory...Currently, I feel the 1 5 day on Old Glory gives me the best shot at fish without spending a boatload of cash....they depart tonight, Tuesday May 11, for a 1.5 day and currently only 13 reservations...that's like a private charter...wish I could make it for today's trip. good luck fishin

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    Old Glory gets my vote...they are currently doing 1.5 day trips and I'm gearing up now to get onboard Old Glory...Currently, I feel the 1 5 day on Old Glory gives me the best shot at fish without spending a boatload of cash....they depart tonight, Tuesday May 11, for a 1.5 day and currently only 13 reservations...that's like a private charter...wish I could make it for today's trip. good luck fishin
    Just make sure all your rods are short,
    Because of the over hang, won’t allow long rods, on the old glory.

Reactions: Reelax_N_Fish
    Upvote 0