Which boat?

Discussion in 'Southern CA Sport Boat Trip Planning' started by g's toy, Aug 29, 2015.

1. g's toy

g's toy Member

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    2301,swirl--sold
    Ok, which sport boat would be better to take between the Condor--day and a half or Pacific Queen 2 day.
    I have not fished either, looking for some info--type bunks, food and overall good results.

thanks, Mike

2. surfgoose

surfgoose active geezer

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Mike, if you use the "search" panel in the upper-right corner of the Forums page you will get a lot of hits on both boats because they are both very popular. The Queen has regular-sized bunks, not long enough for a moose like me, but they are a well-respected member of the fleet and I think that you would enjoy fishing with them. The Condor also has a fanatical following, for good reason. Any boat can have an off day where the fish just don't want to cooperate, so just like all of the rest of the fleet they have days where they disappoint people. I personally like the Condor better because they have a few larger bunks, and I prefer the ".5" trips over the 2 day or 3 day format that the Queen likes to run. But you will likely have a great trip on either boat.

3. Dudley613

Dudley613 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    I have fished the condor a few times, great boat and Scott is a fishy guy... I've never had the chance to fish with Drew on the pac queen but I know it's hard to get a spot on his boat. If I had to choose.... And there were spots ob the queen, I'd go with that boat.