yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
The Teramars casts very well. I used the MH and H last year and liked them. The MH throws the Tady well. I do own the Phenix 8', 6480, Tady 10' and others to. May add the Teramars (9') this year. They come with reel seats too.
I now currently throw with a 80H Teramar and like it just fine...Donating it to a pangero in Mexico so gonna try something new and shiny

Reactions: Highwayman
Upvote 0

Bigfishhateme

Semper Fi
Feb 7, 2013
Land , Air , and Sea
Name
Sigmund
Boat
"The Sea Monster"
If your getting "beat up" and dragged with 540 , yes go get 8ft jigstick..
Or you can do some push-ups.
Like I said above , not a casting competition . Most of the time fish are just lurking outside chum line..

Upvote 0

here'smymule

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 17, 2010
Culver City
Name
Tony Rezzato
This is so great! Wished I'd chimed in earlier!
Phenix, Phenix & more Phenix. Don't think twice. Forget about everything else. Only Phenix.
And if you have any of those 3rd rate, over priced, pieces of crap, junk phenalic resin, Truline D8's- give me a call. You won't like them.

Reactions: 18parker
Upvote 0

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
[
If your getting "beat up" and dragged with 540 , yes go get 8ft jigstick..
Or you can do some push-ups.
Like I said above , not a casting competition . Most of the time fish are just lurking outside chum line..

I agree its not a casting contest.......Then why on earth fish a 9 or 10ft rod??

Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
90J is the way to go...i sometimes do use the 900H but prefer the give on the 90J.....strong enough to bounce tunas and yellows, light enough to fish bass with...tried the phenix but didn't like the action, but that's my preference, you might like the phenix rods if you're not a Calstar fan. People rave about he cousins rod, great price too.

Upvote 0

mindbent

Feb 26, 2015
I.E.
Name
Jon
Boat
one that floats
Whatever you're comfortable with and works for you. I to have an 8'OC rod with an Okuma CSD15 loaded with 70# braid with 40# mono leader. I jig with it, through iron with it and even fish for Lings with it. It's what works for me. You can cast 100 yards and it won't do any good if you can't hit the strike zone at any distance.

Upvote 0